veintisiete

Ruby glanced through the blinds to look at the full backyard. "We got a full house! Ready to get this party star- agh!" Ruby exclaimed when he turned around and looked at Jasmine who was suddenly extremely sick. Arcelia giggled from her spot on the couch and put a melon in her mouth.

"I think I might have to go home." Jasmine stated.

"What's wrong with you?"

Jasmine shook her head, her eyes droopy as her body swayed. "I dont know, I just keep passing out."

"You're sick, Jas. You have to go home and get some rest." Arcelia commented.

"But I have to stay and dance." Jasmine dragged out, falling asleep standing up. Ruby yelled her name twice and she shot up, but she was still in a dreaming state. "Taste my juicy nalga! Dos quesadillas por favor."

"Someone escort Jasmine home." Ruby pleaded.

Everyone else quickly shouted in protests and Arcelia rolled her eyes at them and their attitude to Jasmine for no reason. "I'll do it. Come on, Jas."

"No! You'll get sick too." Ruby said, stopping Arcelia while Jasmine walked down the porch.

"Do you see her?" Arcelia pointed out. Jasmine was asleep again, standing in the walkway before jumping up. "She might fall asleep in the middle of the street and get ran over. She's just across the street, I'll be fine." Arcelia stated. Before Ruby could protest, she kissed him then ran off to help Jasmine get home.

"Did I ruin everything?" Jasmine asked tiredly. "I always do that." She murmured, holding onto Arcelia as she led her back to her house.

Arcelia shook her head. "You didn't ruin anything. I promise we'll take pictures and leave an empty spot, so we can photoshop you into them."

Jasmine smiled and opened her front door. "Thank you for being nice. You're the only one in that group who hasn't made fun of me, that I know of."

"Don't worry about them. They don't really understand humor." Arcelia smiled. "Take medicine, please. And tell your dad I said hi." Jasmine nodded and closed the door as Arcelia walked back down the porch steps and across the street.

"If you're not dancing with Cesar, you're dancing with Sebastian. I already promised Arcelia that her and I would be partners." Ruby exclaimed. "It's showtime people! Come on." He ordered.

Arcelia ran over, or tried to at least, and grabbed Ruby's hand so they could walk out ahead of Olivia and Sebastian. "You ready to dance your ass off?" Arcelia asked, wiggling her shoulders and bumping her hip against Ruby's a few times while waiting for the music to start.

"We were born for this." Ruby smiled, referring to how the two of them were basically raised to dance. Especially Arcelia since she's been wanting a quinceñera since she found out what it was.

The DJ started the music and Arcelia, Ruby, Monse and Cesar walked out and got out to their spots while doing their pas de bourrées. "Your abuela said she's almost done with my dress." Arcelia told Ruby quietly, watching Sebastian and Olivia dance.

"Already? She just found out like last week."

"I just told her what I pictured, she took my measurements, then she started." Arcelia shrugged. She had her whole quinceñera planned out from the time she was a toddler, with the help of Oscar and her dad, and soom enough she's going to be living it.

"That's our cue." Ruby said. He brought Arcelia onto the the dance floor the same time Cesar and Monse went on.

The dance continued, ending with all 3 girls being dipped. As the music faded, they came up and the crowd clapped. Arcelia kissed Ruby again, because she was happy, and said, "We're gonna be pros at my quince." She stated with a wide smile.