ocho

Waking up the next morning, Arcelia peacefully rose up from her bed and checked her phone for the time. She had to rub her eyes first, but once the screen lit up and the time was shown over a picture of an 8 year old Arcelia kissing Oscar on the cheek, her eyes bulged out and she ran out of her room and into the bathroom.

She spent 10 minutes in there "fixing" her face and putting her hair up before going into her closet to throw on a quick outfit and her checkered red Vans. Once she had on the Santos cross, she threw her backpack on and ran into the backyard where she saw Ruby running out.

"Oscar, give me a ride."

"The fuck? I'm busy, just run." Oscar scoffed and walked pass her to get back into the house.

"O, please? I have a math test first period." Arcelia begged. Oscar kept walking so Arcelia made the decision to jump on his back. She got about halfway and had to climb her way up until her arms were around his neck. "Please, O?" Arcelia begged, poking her bottom lip out once he turned to look at her since her head was on his shoulder. "Do you really want me to walk in this neighborhood alone?"

Oscar groaned and threw his rag before walking to grab his car keys, Arcelia still clinging to his back like she used to when she was younger. "You're annoying, you know that?" Arcelia simply smiled and still hung onto him as he walked out of the house.

"You love me." She dragged out, unwrapping her legs and jumped down to get into the car.

"If you weren't a girl, I would've told you to walk."

"Yeah, yeah. Just admit it, I'm your favorite sibling." Arcelia gloated, putting her seatbelt on as the car started. "When can I learn to drive?"

Oscar just laughed as he drove and turned to his little sister who had a straight face. "Yeah, you're not driving my baby."

"Come on, I can be your getaway partner."

"Arce, you're never going to be involved with that stuff. You're only affiliated because of family, but you're not going to be there when stuff like that happens."

Arcelia stared at the side of his face in thought. "But can I learn to drive?"

"If I say yes, will you get out? I'm not wearing a shirt and my back is sticking to the seat." Arcelia turned to the window and saw they were already in front of the school. She nodded her head and hugged Oscar before getting out of the car and speed walking to her class.

She walked into the hallway and saw Sebastian turning around and looking at a piece of paper in his hands. "You lost?"

He slightly jumped and turned to her, smiling when he recognized her. "You know where this classroom is? Olivia ditched me and I've been looking for like 5 minutes."

Arcelia leaned forward and looked at his schedule to help him. "Oh, come. We have the same class." She grabbed his arm and took him down the hallway to get to their math class. When they walked in, they both spotted the senior in the front with a bandage around his nose and he was looking down like the desk was the most interesting thing in the world.

The teacher spotted the twp walk in and she asked, "Who's this, Arcelia?"

"This is Sebastian, he just moved here."

Sebastian introduced himself, surprising the teacher when he held his hand out since most of the kids in the class were rude as hell. "Well, we don't really have assigned seats, so sit anywhere you want. We're taking a quiz today, but you can just copy down Arcelia's notes while the class does it."

The two walked off and sat, Sebastian right beside Arcelia who sat in the front row. "I thought you were a freshman?" He asked the younger girl.

"I am, I'm just good at math. This is really the only class where I have no one my age." Arcelia said, pulling out her notebook and reading through it since she didn't really study at all the night before. "You're a sophomore, right?"