nueve

"So, you going to Homecoming, chulo?" Sebastian shrugged, walking besides Arcelia in the hallway to get to the cafeteria. "Well, you should. You can come with me."

"Is this a homecoming proposal?" Sebastian dramatically gasped, a hand to his chest as the free hand opened the door for Arcelia. "Where's the big gesture?"

"You know what? I take it back."

"No, no, no. I'd love to be your homecoming date." Arcelia smiled and continued moving down the line to pick up food. "I finally get to see you in heels."

Arcelia turned to him before bursting out laughing. "With my clumsy ass? No, I'm wearing my Vans."

"Come on, you'll look cute in them." Sebastian tried to reason. "I'll even hold them for you when your feet get tired."

Arcelia continued shaking her head as she payed for her food, only stopping when a whole arm was on top of her head. "Seba, you're going to ruin my hair."

"So, no heels?" Arcelia shook her head again and snuck a bag a chips when the lunch lady wasn't looking. Sebastian followed Arcelia out to the lunch table where it was oddly quick.

"Is it your menses?" Ruby asked. Sebastian choked on his chicken sandwich and Arcelia looked at him concerned as she hit his back. "Her lady pond has runeth red."

"Lady pond?"

"What? What am I saying wrong?"

Sebastian finally recovered and drank some of his water as he and Arcelia sat back and listened to the girls argue with Ruby.

"So take out any question that we're going tonight. The answer is no, with a period. Because that's what it's actually called."

"Olivia, let's go dine in a less hostile environment." Monse and Olivia both stood up, picked their trays up, and walked off.

"What just happened?"

"Dude, you can't being saying stuff like that." Sebastian mumbled, opening up his fruit cup while looking at Ruby's confused face.

The table was quiet as everyone started eating and Arcelia put her stolen bag of chips on the table. "So... I'm wearing black tonight."

× × ×

"I swear to God, burn me and I will chop you up and send your body parts to your family."

"Kinky." Sebastian mumbled, continuing to curl Arcelia's hair as he stood behind her in the bathroom. "Does your brother know I'm here? I don't want him to threaten to kick my ass again."

Arcelia shrugged, not really knowing the answer. She continued to stand in front of the mirror while Sebastian was finishing up her curls.

"Okay, I have to change and we can leave."

"Ugh, you're such a girl." Sebastian groaned. While he waited in the living room, Arcelia was changing and putting on red lipstick. He was praying she wouldn't take long because he didn't want to run into Oscar alone. His street name really fit him, even though Arcelia constantly insisted that it didn't.

"Alright, I'm done, chulo." Arcelia sang, skipping out from her bedroom with her hair and necklace bouncing.

Sebastian was surprised as he's never seen her wear anything other than jeans since he's moved here. She was wearing black and white vans and a black, kinda tight, dress than came right above her knees. The outfit was simple, but she made it look amazing.

Since Sebastian was technically her date, he was matching her all black with a button up and jeans.

"We're like... extravagant." Arcelia complimented, posing in front of Sebastian before pulling him off the couch. "Now, let's go before Oscar comes back and tells me to change."

Once Sebastian opened the door, Arcelia led the way to the school. They didn't get far since the second they got to the sidewalk, all of the Santos parked their cars. "Where you fools goin?"

"Homecoming."

"Why you holding hands?" Oh. The two completely forgot about that, but went along with it.

"I asked him to be my date?"

The entire gang was staring at Sebastian and Arcelia, no one daring to even move. "If she gets hurt, just know that we're all gonna be here to kick your ass." Oscar told him, the cholos around him lifting their shirts to show their guns while the rest of them smiled with an evil look in their eyes.

"Okay, we're leaving now."

Arcelia tunred around, dragging Sebastian behind her as the cholos made gestures like throat cuts behind them.

"She better be back by 10, puto."

As the two walked down the street to the school, the sun was setting so they took pictures of each other and videos for Snapchat. By the time they got to the school gates, people were walking away. "What's happening?"

"Dance got cancelled because of a fight, but that one chick Monse is having a party."

Arcelia looked to Sebastian and shrugged before the two followed the crowd. "Do you want to get food before we go to Monse's?"

"Oh, I know this really good taco shop a few streets down. Come."

Still following the crowd, the two walked down the street, passing Monse's house along the way and walking about 2 streets more to get to their food.

"Hola, Arcelia." One of the employees greeted. She was an older lady with white hair and a kind smile on her face. "What can I get you and your friend?"

They ordered their food and walked out with their tacos. They walked slow since Arcelia wanted to eat the second they got the food. That being said, the walk to Monse's was twice as long.

For a party, it was relatively quiet and empty. Which obviously meant more beer for Arcelia.

"Okay, um... favorite color?"

"Black, duh. Have you not seen my bedroom?" Arcelia stated, her mouth full of tacos as she spoke. "When's your birthday?"

"February 27th." Unbeknownst to Sebastian, Arcelia started laughing. "What's so funny?"

"You were almost a leap year baby." She laughed. She leaned over to his hand to drink the Horchata they were sharing. "Wait so did your mom have you and get pregnant with Olivia right away?"

Sebastian shook his head. "I got held back because of some things I got caught up with in Texas. I should be a junior, but it didn't really plan out like I wanted it to."

Deciding not to pressure it anymore, Arcelia changed the topic. "You a virgin?"

"Oh, it's like that? We're getting personal now?" He asked her, shoving her a little, but she dramatically fell into someone's fence. "No, I'm not. I lost it when I was like 14."

"I should've seen that coming. You're too pretty to be a virgin."

"Hey! What if I was celibate?" Arcelia stopped walking and gave Sebastian a look that made him laugh. "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Come on, you know what I'm talking about." Sebastian smiled. "Are you a virgin?"

HA yall thought it was gonna be that easy 💀

I based her whole outfit on something she wore the day of her quinceñera so u can go to her IG if u wanna see it