cincuenta y cuatro

"Dad, can I go ice skating with Seba?" Arcelia begged.

"Ice skating? We're in Southern California."

"But the mall has a skating rink and we want to go." Arcelia explained as she followed Ramón around. "Please, he doesn't get a lot of days off."

Ramón suddenly stopped in front and Arcelia ran into his back. "He has a job?"

"Yeah, he works at In-N-Out because he felt bad that he's gonna have to live with the Martinez family until he's 18."

Ramón thought about it, before he slowly nodded his head. Arcelia smiled, then ran to her room before running back. "Is Oscar taking us or you?"

"He doesn't have a license?"

Shaking her head, Arcelia pursed her lips. "They're working on it, but he doesn't have parents so it's harder." Ramón nodded his head again and let Arcelia know that he'll take them.

She ran back to her room to get ready and call Sebastian while Ramón went out to the porch with Oscar and the other Santos. He didn't exactly know how to feel about the fact that his daughter now has a boyfriend, but seeing her happy was really his only goal as a parent.

It wasn't long before the Santos saw Sebastian walk up and greet everyone. "Sebas, have you ever gone ice skating?" Oscar asked the teenager.

"Once, but I was like 10."

"You can go inside, I think she's ready."

Sebastian nodded and walked towards the front door, but Ramón watched him and then looked at Oscar like he had two heads. "You let them be in the house alone?"

"Arcelia isn't stupid enough to do anything while we're outside."

Back inside the house, Sebastian walked down the hallway to Arcelia's room, only to see her making a Snapchat video.

"Look, Seba's here."

"Te ves hermosa

"Te ves hermosa." Arcelia smiled and thanked Sebastian as she cut the camera and uploaded it to her story. "You ready?"

"I need my hoodie."

Sebastian watched Arcelia look in her closet for a jacket, and after she put it on and turned around, he tilted his head. "Isn't that mine?"

Arcelia shrugged while rolling the sleeves up. "Probably. It's either yours or Oscar's."

× × ×

"If you let me fall, I'm running away." Arcelia said, squeezing Sebastian's arms as he stood in front of her.

"Mamas, I'm not letting you fall." Sebastian stated as he slowly pulled Arcelia on the ice. "You just have to find your balance."

Arcelia nodded and tried to straighten her knees as if she was walking, but she ended up stumbling and grabbing onto Sebastian like her life depended on it.  At that moment, a group of kids pretty much flew pass them.  "Show offs."

Sebastian laughed and continued to help Arcelia as much as he could for about ten minutes.  All the while, Ramon watched from afar.  Yes, he told them he was going to go back home, but he still didn't really know Sebastian, so he wanted to make sure nothing was going to happen. He still found it weird how Oscar was just completely fine with Arcelia dating, but that must mean Sebastian is a good person, right?

For about half an hour, Ramon watched Arcelia try to make Sebastian fall, skate around (once she got the hang of it), and record Sebastian whenever something memory-worthy happened. Like when he accidentally knocked over a toddler or when he was too busy staring at Arcelia while skating backwards and ran into the wall, almost falling over.

"Now I skate better than you." Arcelia teased her boyfriend. Sebastian rolled his eyes as Arcelia twirled away and started doing circles around him. Arcelia kept teasing him, so when she was right in front of him, he quickly grabbed her and pulled her into his chest. "Oh, can you do that in the bedroom?"

Sebastian's eyes went wide as he looked around to make sure no one heard. Thankfully, the southern Californians were too invested in the ice. "Don't say that."

"So does that mean it's true?" Arcelia smiled as she poked Sebastian's side. "Can I find out?"

Sebastian covered Arcelia's mouth and waited for a group of kids to pass. "What if your dad or Oscar hear you?"

Arcelia smiled and put her arm's around Sebastian's neck. "They aren't here, amor.  I can say what I want."

chile, n e waze

turn 15 and dont know how to act