sesenta

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch. As always, Sebastian walked Arcelia to her class before kissing her forehead and letting her go while he went to his own class down the hall. This was Ruby's one and only class with Arcelia, and seeing as how she was finally alone, he decided that it was finally time to talk to her.

He only had a few minutes before class started, so he quickly walked over and sat in the chair beside her. "Arcelia, I've come to apologize." Arcelia looked up from her phone, looking beside her to see her one and only ex-boyfriend. "I'm not expecting your forgiveness or for you to take me back, but I want to apologize for my actions. I betrayed your trust and took advantage of your love in the one of the worst ways possible, and for that I'll forever be sorry." Ruby explained. "I have no excuse for what happened that night, and if I could go back in time, it would've been you that I kissed out of excitement. I'm not asking for you to love me again, but I'd like for us to try to be friends."

Arcelia sighed, and immediately, Ruby started to mentally prepare himself to go cry in the back of the classroom. "Sebastian kinda made me already forgive you." She told him. "He said it wasn't healthy to have so much negativity."

Ruby furrowed his eyebrows because he thought Sebastian was trying to keep them separated. "So, we can be friends?"

"Look, we'll never go back to how we used to be, relationship or friendship wise, but I do appreciate you finally apologizing." Arcelia told him. "But I guess we can try to be civil since it looks like we're both stuck here."

"So friends?"

Arcelia scrunched her face up and hummed to herself in thought, because that's not really what she was implying. "It's a work in progress."

× × ×

The final bell of the day rang and Arcelia ran down the hallway to meet Sebastian at the bottom of one of the stairs. "Seba, mira! All the Prophets are getting arrested."

"Really? All of them?"

Arcelia nodded her head and held her phone so the two of them could watch as police officers lined up Prophets on the sidewalk. "Apparently they got caught with the money from the Freeridge Savings heist, and since the cops are raiding they might find more stuff."

Sebastian was kind of hunching over as he watched the live video, but a familiar face on the screem caught his eye. "Wow, they even caught Latrelle." He commented, before glancing away from the screen to look at Arcelia. "You good?"

Arcelia looked up at Sebastian before nodding with a genuine smile. "I'm great." She looked back to her phone screen and watched the Prophets get put in handcuffs, especially Latrelle, because she was finally getting some justice. "Let's go to my house."

more votes and comments = faster updates