cuarenta y seis

"Oscar, we have to practice our father-daughter dance." Arcelia basically whined, tugging on his arm to get him off the couch.

"But I'm not a dad."

"Yeah, well... you're the closest thing I have to a dad, so get up." Oscar groaned but finally stood up so he didn't have to keep watching Arcelia struggle to pull him off of the couch. "We're almost done with it anyway, quit complaining."

Arcelia then sighed and started moving the coffee table so they would have more room. Oscar watched her mess around with her speaker before putting on the song mix she made herself. "Does it really have to be almost 6 minutes? Why can't we just do the ending?"

"Because dad helped me with the beginning and I wanna include it. Now, shh. You're killing my vibe."

× × ×

"Why can't I walk with Seba? He's your size." Arcelia complained while Oscar put her in the backseat of the infamous cherry red impala.

Oscar glanced in the rear view mirror, only to see that Arcelia's chin was on the top of his seat. "The truce, it's not safe for you to walk that far anymore."

Arcelia hummed, briefly pursing her lips as she look at the road. "Technically, it was never safe. I'm literally walking around with a target on my forehead because my last name is Diaz."

"Yeah, well now it's worse."

"Can I at least sit in the front seat then?"

"Why? You don't like sitting next to Hector?"

Arcelia turned to the cholo beside her and looked him up and down before turning back to her older brother. "No, he's sweating which doesn't even make sense because it's like fifty degrees right now."

Oscar looked back at Hector because he thought Arcelia was joking, but she was serious. "How are yo-"

"I'm fat! Leave me alone."

"You're not even- okay."

Arcelia glanced back to Hector before leaning closer to Oscar's ear so he couldn't hear or see what she was going to say. "Your friends are weird."

"Have you met yours?"

"Well no need to be rude."

× × ×

Sebastian looked around the house as Arcelia unlocked the front door.  "Your brother knows I'm here, right?"  He asked.  She nodded her head and put her backpack down on the couch before taking a seat right beside it.

"I told him you were coming over to watch movies." Arcelia explained, patting the seat beside her so Sebastian would come over.

"I thought you were helping me with math homework?"

Arcelia nodded her head again. "That too.  We'll just watch movies after. Now pull out your homework, ugly."

"If I'm ugly, why are we dating?"

Arcelia looked down at her textbook and pursed her lips to the right side of her face. "Don't question my choices."  She told Sebastian, right before she slapped his leg.

"I don't know how abusing me helps me understand, uh..." Sebastian looked down at his notebook to read the title, "partial fraction decomposition."

"Because the more you get wrong, the more I get to hit you."  Arcelia explained to him, gently patting his knee with each word until he picked her up and started throwing her around.  "This is not math homework, Seba!" Arcelia screamed, squeezing her arms around Sebastian's waist while he spun around in the middle of the living room.

In the middle of it, the front door opened and Oscar watched everything happen before shaking his head and walking back out.

This is just a lil filler bc everyone went to go visit Monse and Arcelia doesnt like Ruby OR Monse atm 🥴