trece

"Where are the rest of your clothes?"

"Hiding from the heat wave."  Arcelia told Oscar.  "Can I stay home?  I'm still tired."

"You're going to school."  Oscar threw her backpack at her and pushed her outside.

Cesar was already gone, saying he wanted to walk to clear his head about something.  He walked out all sweaty so Oscar and Arcelia had no objections; they didn't want his sweat or smell in the car.

"I don't even like school."

"Says the girl with straight A's and all honors classes." 

Arcelia scoffed and turned to the window.  She didn't even notice she fell asleep until Oscar slapped her arm and she looked out the window to see that they were in front of the school.

Very lazily, she hugged Oscar and got out of the car to find her friends.  The first person she found was Ruby who looked annoyed until he saw her. 

"Sup, bitch."  Arcelia greeted loudly, getting stares from her fellow school mates.  "I brought you some cheesecake."

"Thanks, princesa."  Ruby greeted back.  "'tas bien?  You look tired."

Arcelia tiredly nodded her head.  "I ate too much cheesecake and I couldn't sleep until like one."

Ruby rubbed her back and the two met up with Cesar and Jamal, both who looked on edge.  They all started talking, but all Arcelia caught out of it was that Ruby was done chasing after girls and get rejected.

Not wanting to hear Ruby, the guy she was still crushing on, talk about girls, Arcelia snuck away.  Obviously, she ran into Sebastian when she got to her Trigonometry class.

"Seba, help.  I need to get over Ruby."  She whispered once she pulled away from their hug.

"Why?  I thought you were going to try telling him about your feelings?"

"Yeah, well, that was until I found out he was chasing some other girl this whole time and is apparently done with trying to find a girlfriend now."  Arcelia ranted to him.  "It's like I wasn't here this whole time waiting for him to react to me spilling my guts about how I feel about him." 

Sebastian watched his best friend become sad and on the verge of tears and connected some dots.  "Celi, did you start your period?"

"Maybe."

Sebastian sighed as he rubbed her back and tried calming her down.  "Look, don't give up yet.  Try one more time to tell him about your feelings and if nothing happens, then take it as a sign.  Not every relationship is meant to be."

"I know, but it sucks."  Arcelia told him, not going into all the dirty details about why she was upset.  "I need a nap."

× × ×