cincuenta y cinco

Arcelia looked at the top of Sebastian's hair, glaring at it like had just ran over her dog several times before driving away. Because of Baseball beginning, he wasn't allowed to have his hair past a certain length, so to keep his spot on the team, he had to cut his hair. And this was the first time Arcelia was seeing it. "I don't like you playing baseball anymore."

"You like the uniform though."

"That doesn't count."  Arcelia felt like she was making herself mad, so she turned away from looking at Sebastian's now short hair.

The two of them were in Arcelia's room since everyone had left and for the past two hours, Arcelia has laid in between Sebastian's legs with her back against his chest.  She kind of dragged him to her room when she found out all the Santos, including her brothers and dad, would be gone for hours.

Sebastian and Arcelia watched her computed screen fade to black, signaling the end of the movie they were watching.  "What do we do now?"

"How long do you think everyone will be gone?"  Arcelia tilted her head up to look at Sebastian, but he just shrugged.  With a little smirk on her face, Arcelia maneuvered herself so she was straddling Sebastian, rather than laying in between his legs.  "I think we have a few more hours to ourselves before everyone comes back."

Sebastian had a small smile on his face when Arcelia slowly started leaning down to his face to kiss him.  But when she started moving, he grabbed her hips to keep her still.  "What are you doing?"

Arcelia sat up a little bit and tilted her head while running her fingers through his hair.  "What do you want me to do?" Sebastian's eyebrows rose as he looked up at Arcelia, who was still straddling his hips. Arcelia had an innocent smile on her face, but underneath that, it was anything but innocent.

In a swift movement, Sebastian flipped them both over to where Arcelia was on her back and he hovered above her. "You okay?"

Arcelia nodded her head, her fingers caressing his cheeks. "We have 2 hours, at least."

× × ×

It was lunchtime at school, the Tuesday after Arcelia's quinceañera, and Ruby was watching Arcelia and Sebastian walk to an empty table while stabbing into his fruit cup. "Look at them. Walking around like nothing happened."  Ruby said aloud.

Cesar followed Ruby's eyes and looked to Arcelia and Sebastian who just found a table and were now just sitting and talking with their trays in front of them. "Something happened?"

"He stole my girlfriend."

A loud groan was let out from across the table by Monse before she stood up with her tray of food. "I'm not listening to this again.". Everyone watched Monse walk away, and were surprised to see her go to Arcelia's table. There was even more shock when Arcelia smiled as Monse sat down.

Jamal nodded his head before standing up. "Me too, I heard this story like 13 times already."

"What story?" Cesar asked. 

"It's not a story, it's my reality." 

Now, Arcelia was sitting with Sebastian, Jamal and Monse while Cesar was with Ruby and Jasmine, the two people responsible for Arcelia's heartbreak.

"Not that we mind, but why are you guys sitting with us?" Sebastian asked.

Both Jamal and Monse noticed that the two were holding hands on the table, but it looked like they didn't notice themselves. "Ruby's annoying and bitter." Jamal said boldly. "And you guys have good vibes, so we came here."

Arcelia stared at the new members at her table before nodding, just going along with what they said. "Anyways, have you guys gone to the ice skating place the mall has? It's really fun."

"No, but thanks for the invite." Jamal smiled sarcastically.

"Hey, that was a date for us." Sebastian defended. "This year's almost over."

"Don't remind me. I don't want to do finals."

Monse and Jamal shook their heads at Arcelia. "Oh, like you struggle. You're valedictorian still."

"Doesn't mean I don't stress."

Monse and Jamal both observed Arcelia and Sebastian before glancing to each other and then back to the couple.  "Why are you guys so happy?"

Arcelia furrowed her eyebrows and looked at her friends in confusion.  "Are we not supposed to be?"

"You're both glowing."  Jamal mumbled, his chin tilted up and he stared at the two before gasping.  Leaning over the table, Jamal whispered, "Did you bone?"

"Jamal!"