Hunk x pidge ~ peanutbutter cookies~

Third person POV

It was April 2nd the day before Hunk's girlfriend's birthday, he wanted to do something special, but what? She didn't want a present, she didn't like parties, she didn't like cake or cupcakes, and she hadn't even wanted a celebration but Allura was already planing that. Hunk was almost out of ideas, he had one more; peanut butter cookies. But there was one major problem, that was the one food he didn't know how to make. He grew up in a house where they cooked large meals lots of deserts and many new recipes. But one thing he could never master was his girlfriends favorite cookie. The castle had a the ingredients from a recent trip to the space mall, he was determined to get this right. First the sugar, brown and white, next the butter, 1 stick melted, then the peanut butter, 1 cup also melted, he finished putting the ingredients in a bowl and mixed them together. The batter looked like it would bake so he turned on the oven, put them on a tray and waited. He set a timer and everything.

Pidge walked into the kitchen and hugged her boyfriend from behind, though it was a challenge with her short arms. She was still the smallest, sadly. Tomorrow was her 17th birthday and she was ready to finally see her brother and dad again, they promised to visit her.

"Whatcha makin?" Pidge asked trying to look around his arm.

"It's a surprise for your birthday," hunk said. " and before you say anything it's not a present."

"Good because I really don't want anything from anyone, you guys are my space family and you shouldn't have to spend your money on me." Pidge said interlacing their fingers.

"But your worth it, by far." Hunk said kissing her cheek. Pidge giggled and pecked his lips.

"I love you." Pidge said as hunk rested their foreheads together.

"I love you too babe." Hunk said pressing another quick kiss to her lips. Their sweet moment was cut short by the timer on the oven going off. Hunk quickly pulled the cookies out of the oven, burnt. He noticed his girlfriend eyeing the over baked treats curiously.

"Are those what I think they are?" She asked laying her head on his arm.

"They were supposed to be peanut butter cookies but-" hunk was cut off by Pidge grabbing a cookie and biting into it. "They're burnt." He said with a deadpan expression.

"Mhh~" Pidge hummed and grabbed a few more cookies. "They're delicious love!"

"But they're burnt." Hunk said picking up a cookie.

"No they're not, they're a darker color because of the brown sugar." Pidge said with a giggle.

Hunk replied with a small 'oh' and bit into a cookie. He was surprised that it was actually not burnt and really delicious. Pidge Gabe him a tight hug and nuzzled his chest.

"How did I end up with the best boyfriend ever."