Chapter 1 Impression

Cleo Emerald's POV

"Ouch!", I mumbled while grimacing. My hangover was terribly bad, the reason why I hate drinking. I reached the alarm clock and turned it off.

I timidly got up when my phone rang. I frowned while looking at the screen.

" Yes Mom?" I muttered.

" Is that how you greet your mother Emerald?" I flinched hearing my mom's high-pitch voice. "Knowing her,this will lead to a very long lecture".

" I'm sorry Mom, please don't get upset. I just don't feel good today", I stated while slightly massaging my forehead.

" Is it because of the coming engagement?" She asked in a whisper tone this time. Maybe Dad was in close proximity.

" Mom! Why you keep on reminding me that?" I grumbled. It made me remember my argument with Dad over the phone yesterday. The exact reason why I ended up in a bar and hooked up with that guy. It still hard to embrace that after a decade of living independently, I have to go back home to marry the grandson of my nonno's  friend. It sucks that I can't choose the man that I want to spend the rest of my life with!"

" Emerald, you should get used to this", Mom uttered sternly. "Whether you like it or not, we will be talking about this more often. Your nonno already made arrangements for your engagement party next month".

I felt pissed hearing what Mom said. "I hate nonno for treating me like this as well as Dad and Mom for letting nonno rule our lives". I pressed my lips tightly to avoid throwing inappropriate words to Mom.

" Is there anything more you want to say Mom?" I asked after taking a deep breath. I don't want to argue with any of them anymore.

" Well, I just want to know if how was your first meeting with Camelo's grandson?" Mom was obviously excited.

" We haven't meet yet", I replied in a bored tone. "But don't worry, we will have a lunch date today", I added while rolling my eyeballs.

" So you're not staying at Trevor's apartment? Your nonno will get mad once he find this out. You're supposed to be with him for you to know each other well before the engagement", she anxiously stated.

" Then don't tell nonno", I simply uttered.

" I will spare you this time Emerald but be extra careful. Your nonno has vigilant eyes everywhere", she reminded me.

" I have to go Mom,I still have to get ready", I intentionally ignored what she said.

" Okey, enjoy your lunch date. I'm sure you will like Trevor", she replied.

" Bye", I immediately ended the call. "I will not definitely like Trevor Bryce. I saw him several times featured in men's magazines. He's handsome but a womanizer. And since he agreed on his grandfather's foolishness, then he don't have a backbone".

I threw my phone in the bed and rushed to the bathroom. I only have one hour to prepare myself. I turned on the shower when the incident last night came back to me. When I saw him entered the bar, I can't get my eyes off him. His overpowering presence caught my attention.He had a well built physique and his long messy hair made him look more dangerous. I followed his every move until he sat down in a corner chair, silently drinking his glass of wine.

I didn't know what came into me that I approached him bravely and offered sex. Maybe that's how determined I was to get back with nonno and my parents. Plus the effect of alcohol that I drank.

I was surprised when he turned to me and discovered how handsome he was. A sudden embarassment filled me by his obvious rejection. Before he could perceive what I truly felt, I swiftly turned my back and left him.

What happened in the parking was unexpected. Too thankful that he came and rescue me. It might be a coincidence but it's more than enough to gave me courage to offered myself again. I was thinking that once and for all, I can do what I like to do before I will be tied to a loveless marriage.

And the rest were very memorable. I wasn't able to count on how many times he took me. All I have in mind was full pleasure and satisfaction. Quietly opposite to what I felt when I woke up. Although I was not in remorse but I was ashamed of myself. I hurriedly left him in his apartment without a trace.

I still sore down there and it seemed that up to this time, his amazing length is still inside me. I jolted when the door bell rang. I covered myself with towel and strode towards the door dripping.

"Yes? I said while taking a peek at the slightly ajar door. A tall guy, maybe on his late thirties appeared my sight.

" Hi Ms. Emerald Sanders, I'm Richard Scott", he looked so stiff. "Trevor Bryce's butler", he added.

" Hello Richard", I replied to him warmly. "Thank you for doing my reservation here". I was grateful that he booked me this hotel room before I arrived yesterday.

" Welcome", he smiled. It seemed he's waiting for me to invite him in.

" Ahmm, Richard can you give me few seconds? I just want to wear something decent", I stated awkwardly.

" I hope you don't mind Ms. Sanders, this will not take long", he insisted. "Trevor asked me to inform you that he can't make it today. He's into something very important".

"I see", I smirked in disappointment.

" Yes, and he will contact you personally once he's done", he added.

" Alright! Thank you for your time Richard", I announced before closing my door."Trevor really know how to irritate me. And we haven't meet yet for that matter. I already had lot of negative impressions about him. Enough reasons for me to believe that this arranged marriage will never work to the both of us".

Hi guys,

Sorry to keep you waiting. This is it "Almanzorj". Thanks for the eagerness to read my updates.

Lovelots everyone❤️❤️❤️

***Periwinkzlady***