Chapter 40 Restraint

Cleo Emerald's POV

My head was spinning and I flinched everytime the throbbing aggravates. I stared my weary reflection in the washroom mirror through my languid eyes as I leaned my back on the marble wall. I just threw up all that I ate earlier. "This is the worst feeling ever!"  The funny thing was I only drank 3 glasses of Mojito. It's not a pure alcoholic beverage. Although it's base is white rum but it has mixtures of sugar, lime, soda water and mint.

I started pressing the area slightly above my nose bridge. I read it once from a reflexology book that this is one of the pressure points to lessen headache. I hope this will works. Laurent must be worried by now and Natasha..., she might be wondering why I haven't come back yet, I even promised to her that I will return.

                 ~~~~~~  Earlier  ~~~~~~

"Sure.., but make sure to come back here", That's what Natasha said when I excused to go to the toilet.

" Of-course....! I will def-initely come baaack", I replied in a high pitch voice. The music was so loud that we can barely hear each other. I quickly stood upright feeling so light but I lost my balance. Good thing that Laurent was there, he fleetly grasped my waist before I tumble down.

" Are you alright?" He asked worriedly. He was so close that he's almost hugging me. I hastily looked around checking if our friends were watching us. It was good that they were all busy with their own undertaking.

" I will go with you", he spoke near my ear, sending prickling sensation to my nerve endings. I quaffed in anticipation. The sea breeze didn't help at all to alleviate the rising heat that engulfed my body.

"I'm fine Lau", I squeaked. " The toi-let is ve-ry near", I added while trying to speak clearly. He looked at me unconvinced but I gave him my assuring smile until he finally released me. I strived to walk properly and turned to him when I was about a meter away. He was still there standing with his gaze fixed on me.

I had three reasons why I refused him to go with me. First, I'm ashamed of being drank....again. Second, I don't want him to see me in my awful condition. And lastly, I doubted myself if I can control my awakened desire towards him especially if it's just the two of us. It would be even worse if someone saw us in a very demeaning scene.

                 ~~~~~~  Present  ~~~~~~

My awareness was drifted to the washroom door when I heard soft knocks.

"Sweetie, are you still there? It's Laurent's panic voice that I heard. I walked towards the door in a slow pace and turned the knob.

" Oh God! Are you alright? What took you so long?" He fretly asked in a successive manner. Instead of answering, I immediately hugged him, burying my face on his chest.

" I'm sorry", I was really ashamed.

" For what?" He lifted my chin and his perplexed bearing appeared my sight.

" For getting drank", I couldn't afford to look straight into his eyes. "I swear this will not happen again. Next time, I will just drink mocktails or juices".

" I couldn't see anything wrong with that my temptress", he mumbled kissing my forehead. It's just fine if you drink occasionally as long as I am with you".

" Still, I want to get rid of it", I gently uttered but immediately stoop down sneezing consecutively.

" You're not really feeling well",he mumbled massaging my back. "I will take you now to your room so that you can drink a medicine and rest".