Chapter 25 After Him

Cleo Emerald's POV

" What's your problem huh?!" I pushed him abruptly.

"Sorry",the jerk never exhibits truthfulness in his facade. Not even looking at me, instead his gaze followed to his companion who exited leaving us uninformed.

" Trevor, you're so cruel!", I muttered glaring. I got a perception that he used me to make that lady jealous".

" It's not what you think Ems", he scratched his head like a schoolboy caught in the act of doing naughty.

" You're a big fat liar", I commented and sat down in the nearest chair without invitation.

" No way, I even very qualified as a hunk", he was grinning defending himself.

" Whatever", I rolled my eyes dismissing the nonsense topic.

" What brought you here by the way?" His expression changed and stared at me seriously.

" Do you know where your brother now?" I abruptly asked before my shyness took over.

" Are you well?" He chuckled with disbelief while examining my appearance. " But you look okey".

" Shut up Trevor. I'm dead serious", I stated in irritation. "He is not taking my words seriously".

" Okey, I'm sorry" he spoke raising his arm. He pulled the nearest chair and seated facing my direction. " Why you're looking for him?".

I have the feeling that I lost my tonque that moment. I could not even met his potent gaze.

" Do I have to answer that?" I took a deep breath. The tension between us is recognizable.

" Fine, I will not force you to speak", He stated after a long silence. "But promise me one thing Ems", I gulped in anticipation waiting him to go on. " That you will make my brother happy".

" I-I promise!" the relief washed over me after I saw him smiled.

" Please wait", he stood up and opened the nearest door. I saw a wooden desk and a swivel chair inside. He took a pen and started writing on a piece of paper.

" This is his mother's address". I took and read it silently. " That's the only place you can find him once he's mending himself". " Mending for what? I sensed that he meant something on that".

" Thank you Trevor, I have to go", I was very grateful.

" Come, l'll accompany you back to the lobby", He stated while tugging me towards the door.

" You don't have to hold me Trevor. She can't see us anymore". He immediately released my arm.

" Who is she?" I asked him taking the possibility that he will answer me.

" A woman from the past", he answered in a short and timid manner. I've been thinking deeply on his response. But instead of a follow up question, I preferred to stay quiet. He obviously don't want to discuss about it.

" When are you planning to go after him?" This man really know something about us. "Did Laurent told him everything? I hope not".

" Now", I answered anxiously.

" His location takes you 3 hours of driving", he uttered. "So you will be in his place before dark", he added while glancing his watch.

It's 2:30 pm in my watch. From the elevator, we walked straight to the reception desk for my car key. Nathalie smiled when she saw us.

" Hi Ms. Sanders, Mr. Bryce", she acknowledged. " Please wait for a moment", she signaled the driver that I talked earlier.

" We will wait in the couch", Trevor declared and assisted me without waiting Nathalie's response.

" You're so rude", I muttered. "How about my car?"

" They will bring it in the entrance", he replied casually. I tapped him when I saw Richard approaching.

" Good afternoon Ms. Sanders. Trevor, is everything okey?" He looked anxious and inspite the cold temperature in the area, he's  still sweating.

" Everything is good Richard, you don't have to worry", I replied smiling. " Trevor on the other hand, just shrugged his shoulders. " Now I know why Richard was in hesitation to give Trevor's address. He was afraid that I will discover that his boss is living with another woman. Poor him, he don't have any idea what's the score between me and his employer. But I really appreciated his dedication and loyalty".

" Thanks God", he mumbled unaware that it still reaches my ears. I smiled and leave no comment about it.

" That's my car", I stated when it halted in the driveway. We walked side by side while his butler followed us silently.

" Are you sure you'll be alright? You can have Richard to drive you if you like", he suggested.

" I'm really good. You don't have to worry",  I assured him and get inside my car.

" If that's what you like. Just be extra careful.  Goodluck", he said before I closed the door.

Laurent's POV

"You fool" I scolded myself while staring on a white, innovative desk chair. It's where I divert my concentration everytime I woke up in the middle of the night. But what made me foolish was when I tempted to engraved Cleo's name at the back portion of the chair. There's no way that I can get over with this if I always accommodate her in my thoughts.

I promptly covered it with cloth then climb back to the ground floor of my log cabin. I was starving since I skipped again my lunch. I looked for instant food in the kitchen cabinet. I saw corned tuna and paired it with wheat bread. I've been planning to go fishing in a small lake near my location.

After munching the last piece, I grabbed the fishing rod including the small baits inside the blurry container. If I get lucky, I will have plenty of food for dinner.