Chapter 20 Third Wheel

Laurent's POV

"Why are we here?" I looked at him suspiciously when his car halted in Lincoln Tower's driveway. "Don't tell me she's going with us",

" What's wrong with that? Besides, I'm her date for tonight", I clenched my fist in exasperation while leering on his derisive facade. " Just a second", he talked to the driver before making his way out.

" This is bullshit! How can I forget her if I will be seeing her again?"  I really want to strangle my brother's neck! I went out frowning and opened the passenger door in front.

" Sorry Lau but that's your brother's place", the driver stated.

" I know, but he should be sitting at the back with his date", I replied grimly when Cleo crossed my mind. "His date, damn! If I only know that it's her that Trevor was talking to in the apartment, I will surely use my own car.

I just settled when the two came to sight. It's very hard to prevent myself from watching them. Especially to her, she's very beautiful and mesmerizing in her knee length dress with yellow chiffon pleats from waist to her knee. But my admiration disappeared all of a sudden when I realized that the upper portion of her dress has deep plunging neckline exposing the "supposed to be hidden". My keen gaze transferred to Trevor's hand on her waist. I have a huge desire to pull it off and cover her body with my coat.

I closed my eyes firmly while taking a deep breath to suppress my jealousy and anger

I closed my eyes firmly while taking a deep breath to suppress my jealousy and anger. I don't want to be violent and react beyond my boundaries. I have been rejected and I can't promise if I can withstand another rejection.

"Are you alright?" I heard Trevor asked her. They were both seated at the back.

" Yeah, I-I am", she sounds uneasy. I have this urge to check on her but I fend it off instead.

" Let's go David", Trevor told the driver. "Straight to The Grove". It's one of the most famous exclusive village located in the suburb of Midtown Manhattan. Only billionaires and other high-end personalities can afford to buy a property in that area. And Grandpa is one of them.

" Bro, can you ask Salvatier if he is going with Natasha?" He stated. I don't know why my brother has a sudden interest to know but I followed him silently. I get my phone and found out lot of messages appearing in our group chat. I still remember when Cameron created this. He was very foolish to named it "The Lunatics" which was unbelievably approved by the rest of  us. Most of them agreed after mocking him to death but me on the other hand, as usual, just nod my head without a single word. It's not that I don't like talking. I do but I am a man who prefer to speak objectively and be quiet once I don't have important to say. Despite that, they still address me as the hermit of the group which I really didn't care. For me, the important is the strong bond that we shared as friends. "They're retards but everyone is always there for each other in time of one's downfall and success".

"  We just arrived. Fontanella's mansion is very impressive😍I can't help but smile while reading Wesley's message. He's the last one who uploaded the app with the help of Henry. And now he's one of the most active in the group although he type his message completely without shortcuts.

" Can't w8. Still on d way", Brett answered.

" Wr exacly man? Wr hre wd my wyf, 7th ave. TRAFFIC!😬Coming from Stanley.

" Wat d fck! Any route suggstion?"  Cameron butted in. " Fontanella ds s ur fault👹".

" Ofcrse not! F u cme b4 rush hr dn u dnt hve a prblem🤪🤪Zandro replied.

" Guys, 8s Natasha hre. Henry s driving. Any route rcomndation?"

"David, find another way. 7th Avenue is very traffic", I stated.

" Alright Lau", he answered shortly.

" I think the best option is 9th Avenue David, then turn left to W 19th St.", Trevor suggested.

" Okey", David answered.

" Coming frm North, take 9th ave. dn W 19th St." I messaged.

" Thanks hermit😘😘Cameron replied. I put back my cellphone in the inside pocket of my coat.

" Natasha is coming", I announced briefly without looking at them.

" So, are you rest assured now that you have someone to talk to in the event other than us?" Trevor ask in a whisper. I gritted my teeth in annoyance. "He is really testing my patience".

" Yes, thank you", she answered.

Cleo Emerald's POV

I was surprised when I saw Laurent in the driver seat. Trevor didn't mention that he is coming too. I started now to regret why I accepted his invitation. Although I am very happy to see him but the mere fact that he obviously avoided to turn to us really bothers me. "He is acting like I don't exist".

" Is everything okey?" Trevor whispered.

" Is it really fine that you invited me?", I asked hesitantly.

" Ofcourse. Don't worry, some of our friends also bring their girlfriends", he stated. I wanted to react about the girlfriend thing but I decided not to comment instead. I don't want to make it as an issue. Besides, we both know the score between us. " Bro, can you ask Salvatier if he is going with Natasha?" No reply from him but I saw him opening his phone.

I lifted my head instantly when he spoke after a moment of silence. He was talking to the driver about the traffic. Trevor also suggested route option.

" Natasha is coming", he announced. "She must be one of their friend". I was hoping that she's nice and friendly.