Chapter 15 Frustrated

Cleo Emerald's POV

I was halfway in the stairs when I saw Trevor's back.

" Good morning! Sorry to keep you waiting", I cheerfully stated although I was apologetic at the same time. I felt my body stiffened when he turned to my direction. "Shit! It's him! I wanted to run back to my room "but what he will think of me if I do that?" I was now hesitant if I will approach him or not. "What a fortunate morning Cleo", I thought with sarcasm.

" Hey, you're always on time. I was thinking to knock your door when I passed but good thing that I changed my mind". I suddenly turned upright and saw Trevor smiling.

" H-hi", I stammered. My consciousness was still to the person seated in the couch.

" Oh sorry, did I startle you?" he's becoming sympathetic.

" No, no, not at all", I quickly replied. I was trying to compose myself.

" Let me carry your luggage", he stepped down to my level.

"Never mind, I can carry it myself", I told him squatting a bit to grasp my luggage handle. I was unaware that I dropped it a while ago. I briskly went downstairs with an abnormal pulse rate. Our distance was far enough but I can still feel his gaze following my every move.

" Bro, good morning. Did you sleep well?" I sensed amusement in Trevor's voice. I don't have a choice but to follow him moving closer to Laurent.I was avoiding to have an eye contact with him but I saw in my peripheral view that he's looking so sinfully handsome, ruggedly handsome to be exact. Quietly opposite to Trevor's appearance.

He's wearing a grey long sleeves that was messily folded up to his elbow and a simple blue trousers.

What brought shivered to my spine was his  penetrating gaze that obviously fixed on me

What brought shivered to my spine was his penetrating gaze that obviously fixed on me. I was really uncomfortable even if I didn't do anything wrong.

" Let's go!" he said arrogantly and strode swiftly towards the main door. Trevor followed him chuckling.

" Wait", I muttered just enough to make Trevor hear me. " He's going with us?"

" Yes, is it okey with you? Sorry, I missed to inform you last night. I was thinking that you might need rest so I decided not to bother". His remaining words were just a blur. My focus was on the knowledge that we will be together in the same ride and flight. "If I can't afford to be with him in a short span of time, how much more if it takes hours?" Thinking about it already stirred the anxiety within me.

" Yes, it's fine", I tried to act naturally. "Who am I to tell Trevor that his brother is not welcome to join us? Grrrrr..., it's frustrating!"

" We're getting late!" I almost trembled hearing Laurent's thunderous voice. He has this "ready to kill" expression. I heard Trevor snickered while I was feeling the opposite. "He seemed not affected. Maybe he's immune of Laurent's dark side. But in my case, I was totally feeling disappointed about it. He is not the man that I slept with nights ago. Ofcourse! I know that he's a snob, straight forward and arrogant but not to this extent.

I was still dumbfounded and unable to react when Trevor put aside my luggage lever and carry it instead. I just followed him silently until we came in front of a Range Rover. I watched Laurent picked my luggage together with theirs and deposited it at the back with the aid of our driver while Trevor hopped inside, beside the driver seat.

" Would you mind sitting at the back? I like to sit here in front", I gritted my teeth hearing Trevor. " This is sickening! I will be sitting beside him!" I wanted to punch his face out of irritation.

" Hop in", I jerked hearing his raspy voice. He's holding the passenger door while the driver turned towards the driver seat. " Not bad, he's a gentleman". I also noticed that his expression soften a bit although seriousness was still there. I consciously get inside avoiding to touch any skin of his.

I felt suffocated when he deposited himself next to me. I crammed myself to the other side just to maintain enough space between us.

" Make yourself comfortable Cleo, I will not bite you?" I was surprised hearing him mumbling. I checked the two in front of us to make sure that they didn't heard him. I heaved a deep sigh of relief when Trevor was still humming while the driver was focused on the road.

" What?" He asked when I looked at him. He was staring in front but I know that he's studying my movement from the corner of his eyes.

" Nothing", I mumbled.

" I said, sit properly",  he murmured with intimidation. I felt rebellious of his remark. I glared at him severely. Instead, I did the  exact contradiction of what he was telling me.

" In the count of three, if you still continue your hardheadedness, I will kiss you". I glimpsed smirk plastered on his lips.

" Go to hell!" I replied angrily with humongous restraint not to shout at him. I was preoccupied with vexation this time. " I don't really like being bossed, especially by him".

" One.....", he started counting making me glowered  at him even more. The jerk just brushed me off.  "Two......." a playful smile started to form on his lips.  "Th-r-e......,"

"Fine!" I bursted out exasperatedly.

" Hey, are you alright ?" I paled when I met Trevor's gaze, he looked worried.

" Yeah! Yeah! I'm good", I told him while trying to make myself comfortable.

" Okey, just don't hesitate to tell me if there is something wrong", he uttered before getting back to his agreeable sitting position.  I glanced at Laurent and felt relieve when his eyes were closed. " I wish he will do that in the whole duration of the ride".