Chapter 4 Dinner Date

Cleo Emerald's POV

I decided to have a conversation with a lady guest when I got down the lobby. It's a good diversion to keep away from boredom while waiting Trevor.

" Oh my god!" I was baffled to her reaction as she was gaping, her eyes were transfixed to the hotel entrance. " He is so hot!"

I even heard other female guests gasps and giggles. I curiously followed their gazes until I saw Trevor talking to the receptionist. The latter was evidently captivated by him. " The moron is really a charmer, no doubt about that".

" Do you know him?"she asked when I started walking towards him.

"Yes, he's my date", I glimpsed envy flickered in her eyes when I turned back to her. I smiled at her before moving closer to Trevor.

" You're looking for me?" I asked him half smiled.

" Emerald Sanders?" He confirmed while studying my face. He is really good looking in person. "Magazines didn't gave enough justice to it".

"Yes, and you are Trevor Bryce?" I felt a bit uncomfortable. His intense stares were raking  my body.

" Yeah, nice meeting you Emerald. Did I kept you waiting?" He was looking sorry.

" Nope, you arrived just on time", I told him after glancing my watch.

" So, let's go?" He asked as he guided me to walk with him. "I think this is not a bad idea at all", he murmured to himself.

" Did you say something?" We both stop at the hotel entrance in front of a sleek Ferrari.

" Did I? Oh, it's just that I think this is not a bad idea for us to talk about the situation that we're in", he uttered while opening the car door for me.

" Thanks", I told him before he turned to the driver seat. "Not bad, he's a gentleman". I intentionally disregard his statement. That can be discuss during dinner.

"So where are you hiding all these years Emerald? I'm just wondering that you belong to a permanent family yet you never appeared in any social events nor become the subject of media's unbounded speculations", he looked at me shortly then averting his eyes back to the road.

" I managed to keep my life private", I told him. "I hated to be in a limelight".

" Me too, but it's hard", he uttered frowning. "They still have something to say".

" I'm sorry about that", I felt guilty. I also made unjustifiable impression about him. "Can I go ahead? I need to go to the restroom", I told him after I got out of his car.

" Sure, I'll wait for you at Nichol's Kitchen", he stated which I reply with a nod since I was striding swiftly to the nearest restroom. "I'm still familiar with the place. I used to stay here every time Wesley called for a general conference".

" Emerald?Oh, it's really you. How are you?"  I was staring at the woman through the vanity mirror. I'm pretty sure that she waited for me to get out from the toilet. I was squeezing my mind to remember her.

" It's me, Briana", she was full of enthusiasm. Smile cracked my lips as I started to recognised her.

" Briana Ricafort right?" I was grinning when she hugged me.

" Ofcourse! Your noisy roommate back in college", we both giggled to her remark.

" It's good to see you again Briana. How are you?" I'm happy to see her again.

" I'm great! I am now working as one of Wesley Finn's flight attendant", she announced merrily.

" Wow! That's good news. I cheerfully said.

" Yeah, how about you?"she asked.

" Here, I have to fulfill my promise", I mumbled.

" Oh come on! So you're family were serious about that married thing?", she reacted in total disbelief. I remembered that I mentioned it to her before.

"Yes", I replied shortly. I turned on the faucet and washed my hands.

"That's ridiculous!" You're parents are terrible", her tone was full of disappointment. "If you need my help, just tell me", she was smiling mischievously this time. I know that she's implying something.

" Thank you Briana, but I can handle this", I smiled at her.

" Okey, just keep in touch with me in case. I still use my old number", she stated. " I have to go, my companion is waiting outside".

"Sure, you take care Briana", I laughed when he replied it with a wink. "That woman is still witty."

I was entering the restaurant when another familiar face caught my attention.

" Where's your date? I saw her with you in the entrance". It's really Henry Salvatier whom Trevor is talking with. "No, not now. It's the main reason why I preferred to stay at Four Season Hotel rather than here at Finn Hotel. I started to regret of why I accepted Trevor's invitation to dine here. I don't want any of my co-workers even my previous boss to see me with him.

" Get lost Salvatier! You're not welcome here", Trevor looked pissed already.

" Nah, I insist. Just introduce me to that bombshell then I will leave peacefully", Henry succeeded on teasing him. I was rooted on the floor when Trevor eyes averted to me. I wanted to run away from them before Henry will become aware of my presence.

" Gotcha! There she is. Come on Trevor, don't be a spoiler". I tensed hearing his statement. There's no way that I can get away from him now. My back was facing them as I sensed them approaching. I took a deep breath and made an abrupt turn with a prepared smile plastered on my lips.

" Wait, Cleo?" I almost laughed when Henry's jaw dropped. " No way man, is she your date?" He was staring at Trevor like the latter has grown two heads.

" You know her?" Trevor asked curiously. "Maybe you got it wrong man. She's Emerald by the way, Emerald Sanders".

" Ofcourse! Cleo Emerald Sanders, the most intractable woman I've met", he ended up scratching his head. "I can't blame him to think of me that way, he showed interest on me before and always asked me out but I declined it all without a fuss.