Chapter 21 Meeting The Lunatics

Cleo Emerald's POV

" Bryce! I'm glad you're here".  A tall guy with the most fascinating blue eyes that I've ever seen approached us. He looked familiar probably I already met or saw him before.

" Me too man. I really want to witness your downfall ", Trevor was grinning widely.

" It's not a downfall you fool, it's LOVE". Another good looking guy arrived. He has a pretty companion holding his arm. "I just find it weird how they talked to each other but it seems that they are all game and funny".

" By the way guys, she's Cleo Emerald. My date for tonight", I smiled sheepishly to them. "Emz , my friends Zandro and Stanley. And this lovely lady here is Megan, Stanley's wife", he added.

" Hi, pleasure to meet you Cleo", Megan smiled sweetly. She looked so nice and friendly. The two men also greeted me in chorus which I replied with a warm smile.

" Where's Laurent?" Zandro asked. The way he looked at Trevor gave me a feeling of uneasiness. "I don't know though, maybe because he mentioned Laurent. And speaking of him, where did he go?I haven't seen him since we arrived".

" He's here. Strolling in your fabulous place perhaps",Trevor answered casually. "Where are the others?"

" Oh, they're all in the bar having some drinks. We're just waiting the organizer's signal before moving to the back garden. That's where the main venue of my proposal".

" Oh, congratulations in advance Zandro. I'm very happy for the both of you". Megan stated excitedly.

" Thank you. I've been waiting for this for a long time", palpable excitement and love glistened on Zandro's eyes. I don't know the woman personally but she indeed a lucky one. "It's hard to find a perfect guy nowadays who will love you unconditionally and wants to spend his whole life with you no matter what".

We walked with him towards a huge room in the second floor. "This house is really amazing! I can't help myself to admire the overall infrastructure. It's very modern, from floor to ceiling it all defines wealth and artistry. The furnitures, the designs of each pieces are quietly impressive.

" Everyone's eyes were stuck on us when we entered the place, it's like a huge bar inside a house. Lots of wines and cozy couches but instead of loud music, filling the room are voices of the guests in cluster having different conversation.

" You're late". One of the guy spoke. I observed all of them that were seated in the corner area. "Gosh, they are all good looking. And that stunning lady there, I know her! Yeah, she's a model. Amethyst had a picture of her in one of their photoshoot together. To her right is also a very gorgeous lady but she looked quiet and shy".

" Cut the crap man. You should be thankful that I informed all of you about the traffic", Stanley replied defensively.

" Cleo, it's really you!", I immediately turned to my back when a I heard a familiar voice.

" Wesley!" I was gaping in surprise. I never expect my previous boss to be here.

" Wow! This is a surprise!" I felt so happy seeing him again. It's very clear that he felt the same way as I do. " You look so hot and breathtaking tonight".

I chuckled hearing his remarks. I never felt uncomfortable about it. "It's how Wesley greeted me having his sweet tonque everytime we meet so I was really used to it".

" Stop that Finn, she's my date", Trevor groaned while pulling my waist closer. I just smile but I secretly remove his hand.

" Seriously?" Wesley was staring at me asking for answer.

" Excuse me everyone. You may proceed now to the back garden. The car that Mr. Fontanella's girlfriend is riding already passed at the guardhouse entrance". The noise in the bar intensified after the announcement of the woman wearing a white blouse with small logo. Probably, she's the organizer of this event.

" Fontanella, you're sweating". The guy beside the model teased Zandro.

" Shut up Salvatier, you're not helping", Zandro was a bit pale and agitated. The rest of their friends laughed heartily. "On the contrary, I was grateful that their attention were transferred to him".

" Before heading to the back garden, let's have a toast for Fontanella". Another guy butted in lifting his glass.

" Brett is right. Fontanella, congratulations in advance. I'm happy that you're ready now to join my league. You will experience soon how fulfilling to become a husband. Cheers!" All of us raised our glasses cheering, others even made odd whistles.

My smile disappeared when I turned to my right and saw him there sipping his wine. He was also celebrating base on his reaction but unlike others, he's very silent. I don't know how long he's been there but I started getting conscious again knowing that he's near.

" Let's go", Trevor gently pulled me while exiting the room.

" Glad to see you here Salvatier. You always missed our weekly meet up at Epic Bar", Trevor uttered.

" Me too Bryce. But I have to take our wedding preparation a priority. I want to be involve in all the details with Natasha. She loved us doing it together". There was so much adoration in his eyes while staring at her walking ahead of us. "Yeah, I remember now her full name, Natasha Stanford. So they're also engaged".

" Whew! I can't believe I'm hearing this from you man", Trevor was shaking his head but with a smile on his lips. " But I clearly understand you".

" Wow! You sound strange tonight man. But thanks anyway", Henry was smiling widely. "I'm sure Emerald has something to do with it", he added teasingly. "Hi Emerald, nice to meet you again",

"Same here", I gently smile and nodded my head.

" My Love", Natasha immediately turned to us after Henry called him. I saw how her face lit up. She talked to the same lady earlier then the latter continue walking while she waited for us in the hallway with a wide smile plastered in her gorgeous face.

" Hello, we haven't introduce yet. I'm Natasha",  she's even very pretty up close.

" I'm Cleo Emerald", I replied and we both peek a kiss on each cheek.

"  Are you Trevor's girlfriend?" I was shocked of her straight forward question but she was looking so sincere when I study her face. I heard Trevor made a small cough.

" We're just friends", I answered politely.

" Opps, sorry if I get both of you uncomfortable", she was feeling sorry. "I should not be asking that in the first place", she was more talking to herself than to us.

" No worries my love. Thank you for asking. I've been itching to ask them that same question. Just looking for the right timing", Henry was grinning crazily.

" Good for you", Natasha glared at him and elbowed his side.

" You're always hurting me my love", Henry was complaining while holding Natasha's wrist.

" You deserve that", she was rolling her eyes but beaming with joy. " They looked so happy and in love with each other".

" You two, find a room", Trevor growled while pushing Henry. Boisterous laughing then echoed the spacious hallway.

Hi guys,

As you notice The Lunatics increases in number. It's because they meet fantastic people along the way.

The original members can be found in my first story " The Billionaire's Chase" namely; Stanley, Zandro, Trevor, Cameron and Brett.

Lovelots❤️❤️❤️

***Periwinkzlady