Chapter 17 Troublesome

Cleo Emerald's POV

Staying in the toilet a bit longer until I felt relax was a big help. I loosened up myself and I did washed my face and applied light make up.

"Few more minutes Cleo", I uttered while staring at my reflection in the mirror. Once we landed, I will not be seeing his face again. I hastily open the door when I remembered something.

" Trevor, no need to accompany me to my apartment later", I announced while stepping out.

" Ofcourse! Because you'll going with me instead". I was stunned when a pair of expressive brown poles met mine.

" What- what are you doing here? Where's Trevor?" I asked momentarily. My heartbeat began to rampage giving me overwhelming impulses through out my system.

" We need to talk", he stated after filling up his lungs. I can't take my eyes off his overpowering presence as he strode closer. "He is perfection!" I lost my words like a teenage girl, getting mesmerized.

" Are you alright?" I jolted into realization after he waived his hand in front of my face. My cheek turned hotter and my embarassment is hard to bare seeing how his lips formed a triumphant smirk.

" Yeah, I'm fine!" I loudly replied like it's a way of gaining back my confidence. "Where's Trevor?"

" He's outside. And don't worry, he will not come to bother!"His voice raised for an unknown reason. Even his brows formed one line. " We have to talk".

" There's nothing for us to talk about", I muttered with poker face.

" Really? Are you sure about that Cleo?" I saw how his jaw tensed up. He become silent while looking at me intensely. I was getting more uneasy but I tried myself to return his gaze with equal intensity. "The hardheaded side of me".

" Fine! If you continue pretending, then let's talk in front of my brother!" He grasped my wrist and started pulling me towards the door. I pissed him, no doubt about that but I was getting hysterical with the thought that Trevor will find out what happened that night. It was truly shameful!

" No, stop it!" I was struggling from his firm grip. My protest seemed nothing to him. He is lean and muscular with a towering height. I am 5 feet and 9 inches tall but I'm only up to his chin. He still have me until we reach the door.

"Okey, you win! Let's talk!" I conceded in frustration before he twisted the door knob. Turning to me with disbelief in his facade irritates me even more.

" What's with that look? You want us to talk right?" I glared at him which he answered with a short nod after studying my face.

A sigh of relief escaped my mouth when he released me atlast. His tight grip was not my concern but to the tingling sensation that his touch brought to my body.

" What now?" I lifted my face with stoic expression. Suppressing my emotion is a hard thing to do since my body started to betray me. "How can't I feel excited if the person who always disturb my thoughts is in front of me, looking so charming?"

" Take your seat first", he spoke. I scowled at him when I scanned the place and cannot find any chair. Only a king size bed and a bedside table with closets nearby. My body temperature rises with the memories of our lovemaking that night came in. I bit my lower lip with the intention to threw all those thoughts. " Gosh! That's wicked!"

" A penny of your thoughts my Cleo?" He took back my attention instantly. I don't know if I was mishearing him but he called me "my Cleo" and it sounds possessive. I was stunned and got excited at the same time. The hard part is I don't know how I react to that.

"I- I'm fine here", I stammered and took few steps backward to maintain our gap.

" If that's what you want", he mumbled with his gaze holding mine. "Did you miss me?" he looked so serious. I was dumbfounded on the other hand. "Because I do".

I was gaping at him unbelievably. I never expected someone especially him confessing that way. I hold unto his brown orbs searching for the sincerity of his words. The overflowing sensation filled inside me. "It felt surreal but it brings me immense happiness".

" Y-you do?" I was still stupefied.

" Yes", he replied. Too much affection appeared unto his eyes.

" That's just a one night stand", I absent mindedly uttered. Too late to correct my words, I already saw the disappointment written all over his handsome face.

" So it's nothing to you?" I felt my chest was squeezed mercilessly. Bitterness was in his tone and his face turned rigid. " What if I'll tell you that I want to take you again?" He added arrogantly. All of a sudden, the affection that I saw earlier was replace with a cold facade.

His last statement really torn my heart. " The fact was, he's not sincere at all. What he wanted is to have me in bed again. He almost fooled me!"

"Did you run out of woman in bed?" I muttered sarcastically. "I'm sorry Laurent, you can't have me again. That night is the worst night I ever had!" My anger towards him was bubbling extremely.

" Really?" I almost leap in surprise when he caressed my cheek. His effect on me was threatening. My senses were acknowledging his touch sending shivers to my nerves travelling down to my core. "Let see about that".

" I was out of control when instead of pushing him, I slowly close my eyes in anticipation when his lips moved closer to mine. His breath was fanning my face and I felt his heartbeats joined with mine. I was trembling from excitement but forcely opened my eyes when the expected kiss didn't happen.

" Liar", he whispered with a victorious chuckle. I'm not in front of the vanity mirror but I knew that I look like a ripe tomato due to embarrassment. I pushed him as I was trying to hide the tears forming at the corner of my eyes. " I felt humiliated by now".

" One more thing Cleo", I halted but never look back to him. " You can still have me, all you need to do is ASK". Instead of replying I went back to the bathroom and slammed the door. "The nerve of him!" I bursted out furiously.

" I will not allow you to get closer to Trevor. I will accompany you later", He spoke loudly behind the door.

" Go to hell!" I shouted before a loud thud was heard in the door after I threw the stainless brush that I first grabbed.

I will try to update as soon as possible guys. Your follow, comments and likes are great help to boost my confidence in writing.

Lovelots❤️❤️❤️

***Periwinkzlady