Chapter 9 Perfect Fit

Cleo Emerald's POV

"Dad", I can't contained the happiness that I felt when I saw him outside my door. My resentment towards him in our last argument over the phone instantly disappeared.

" Ems, welcome back", he gently pulled me for a tight embrace. His gesture softened my defenses to give in, afterall he's my father.

" Thanks Dad. I'm happy to be back", I stated with immense sincerity. "Now that I'm already here, I felt a thud of regret for not coming home for a long time. It's wrong that I isolated myself from them". I followed him when he quietly entered my room and sat down in the foot bench.

"Ems, you still have time to do what you want", he mumbled as he took a deep breath.

" What are you saying Dad?" I halted and looked at him wondering.

" After we argued, I realized one thing Ems", he cleared his throat while staring at me. "It's better to lose Sander's Cosmetics than losing one of my daughters", His eyes were full of remorse and sadness.

"I can't understand you Dad", I was getting more confused of what he said.

" I was selfish for a long time you know. I dreamt of becoming the president of  the company, to the point that I had to agree with your nonno's unjust plan", he paused while trying to mask his disappointment.

"Dad", I wanted to comfort him but he stopped me.

"You see, your nonno handed me the company but your happiness is at stake now. And that makes me less as a father", he smiled bitterly. I can't find an exact word of how to describe what I feel right now but it hurts seeing Dad so vulnerable.

" No, that's not true. You're a great father Dad", I hugged him tenderly. "Always remember that".

" Thank you Ems", he whispered. "So, see you over dinner?" He smiled while removing some hair strands in my face.

" Yes Dad. I'll follow you in a short while", I replied cheerfully.

" Okey", he uttered. I took my time to watched his retreating back with a relieve smile on my face.

Laurent's POV

"You're brother will be settling down, how about you grandson?" I frowned and acted like I never heard grandpa. I succeeded on avoiding him inside the plane by sleeping.

" Adam mentioned to me that his younger granddaughter is so pretty and smart. You will surely like her", he stated. "This is what I am getting scared of, he will not waste any time to do his matchmaking if he got a chance".

" Grandpa, I'm not thinking about that right now", I answered seriously. I can't just stay quiet while letting him think that I might consider whatever he is planning.

"  Come on, you are not getting any younger. And I want to see the two of you getting married and have kids before I die", I instantly averted my eyes on him then to his nurse. "Two months ago, he was confined in the hospital for a week due to his diabetes and other complication. His doctor even refused at first when he asked for this trip but ended up allowing him because of his strong persuasion provided that he will bring a nurse with him".

" Don't worry grandpa, I will marry once I found my perfect fit", I wasn't able to suppressed my smile with Cleo Emerald Sanders in mind.