Chapter 13 Walking Out

Laurent's POV

"Hey, you're not listening", I looked back to Sabrina when she poked my chest.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I asked but my eyes directed back to the other pair in the lounge chair. "The dinner was over and most of them decided to continue their conversation at the bar leaving the four of us outside. My plan was to sneak out to get rid of Sabrina but when I saw Trevor picking up two glasses of red wine and guided Cleo beside the pool, my mind instantly changed. Watching them is not pleasing to my eyes but I can't afford leaving them and be paranoid. Atleast with our presence, they will not do something unfavorable to me".

" I was asking if what time is our date tomorrow?" she was pouting her lips while leaning to my shoulder. "This woman is really abusive if she got a chance", I thought frowning.

" I'm not coming Sabrina", I told her casually. I glanced to the two and heaved a sigh of relief. I don't see intimacy in their actions. I smirked when I caught Cleo staring at me. She immediately withdrew her stare.

" You're so harsh Lau. And can you please stop staring at her. You're hurting my ego", she grumbled.

" You can leave if you want Sabrina. I will not stop you", I started getting pissed.

"Not that fast Lau. Let me tell you one thing, No one can resist my charm. It's been proven but I'm willing to prove it once more", she boasfully stated. I stilled in surprise when she seductively claimed my lips. I didn't anticipated her to do that. Before she can deepened the kiss, I got back to my senses and pushed her abruptly.

" Shit! I had enough of you Sabrina! Get lost!" I stated furiously. I sprung upright letting her trembled on her knees. I became anxious as I quickly checked on them.  Cleo in her fleeting strides was halfway to the door. I was determined to run after her and explain what happened. " It may sound absurd , there's no need for me to do that but my inner self was telling me though".

" What was that? Public display of affection?" Trevor was blocking my way.

" I don't need your mockery Bro, just go away", I uttered coldly. My mind was still occupied by her.

" No, we need to talk. You have a lot of explaining to do", he replied seriously. I preferred to silence myself and just let him pulled me. "I think it's about time for him to know the truth".

Cleo Emerald's POV

I slammed my door and dropped my frailed body to the bed. After telling Trevor about what Dad said, I never thought that my night will end this way. "They kissed! I'm still hurting on what I saw earlier. I fell for him, that's what I am certain right now. I will not reacted so stupid if I don't. I'm sure Trevor was confused of my compulsive action and that bitchy Sabrina was laughing to death by now.

I strode wobbly towards the vanity mirror.
"What did you do to me Laurent?" I squeaked frustratingly. "Cheer up Cleo! He is not worthy of your affection!"