Chapter 7 Mischievous Monkey

Laurent's POV

"Bad morning?" Trevor commented while having his breakfast.

" Very", I frowned as I occupy the seat opposite to his. It was very late last night before I succumbed to sleep and that was because of Cleo. I went to Cameron's bar hoping to see Wesley to ask him personally about her but he didn't came. I left pestered leaving my friends in amusement. I also contacted him but he's out of coverage.

" By the way, did Grandpa told you that you're going to Chicago with him today?" he asked nonchalantly.

" He did", I replied stoically. "Grandpa called me last night but I dismissed it until he send me a text message instead".

" Come on Bro, don't give me that expression", he uttered as he clicked his tongue. "Something is bothering you! Don't deny it", he added grinning.

" I'm good", I answered shortly. I strode towards the fridge to escape from his meticulous gaze.

" Liar", he murmured. "Would you like to ask me if how was my date last night?" he continued when I sat back to my chair. I just shrugged my shoulder before drinking my water.

" Fine", he raised his hands in surrender. "But in case you will be interested, I ENJOYED IT!" I grimaced when he spoke closer to my face. "He is really childish, he always forgot to act like an older brother to me".

" So you persuaded her to call off your engagement?" I guessed.

"Nope". I stared at him confused. "Instead, we agreed to atleast know each other and give it a try", he was smiling deviously, making my brows formed one line.

"Poor lady", I mumbled, just enough to reach his ears. The retard was beaming in response.

" Where did you go last night? I passed here after my dinner date to invite you out but I never find you", he looked dismayed.

"I was into an important matter", I replied vehemently. I scooped the pancake and fed it directly to my mouth while wishing that Trevor will disappear, afterall he was done eating.

" But you went to Epic Bar, although we didn't crossed paths", he said. "Just so thankful that our other friends were there, especially Zandro", he was smirking wickedly this time.
"He's insinuating something and mentioning Zandro made me uncomfortable".

"  Yeah, I was there but something came up", I was forcing my smile to appeared natural. I can't think of any other excuses that can silence my nosy brother.

" Okey, see you in Chicago my secretive brother", he was teasing me as he retreated himself from the dining.

" You're not going with us?" I asked him, ignoring his statement.

" I'm not. I'm going there with my fiancee" he replied bouyantly.

" You two can join us in the plane. In that way, you can introduce her to grandpa in advance". I was trying to convince him to be able to spare myself as the subject of grandpa's absurd perception. We both love grandpa but we used to give excuses just to avoid him. He always has something to say and the worst is he didn't stop prying our personal affairs, like what he did to Trevor.

" Oh, I appreciate your thoughtfulness Bro but nevermind", he was grinning foolishly. "Don't worry, Grandpa is all yours" he bursted out laughing. I glared at him outrageously until he disappeared my sight.

I heaved a deep sigh when my eyes averted to the poor pancake in my plate. It was extremely crushed, I unintentionally released my frustration to it.

"Oops, why murdered the pancake Bro?" I glowered to his location.

"  Get lost Monkey!" That's what I addressed him once I get mad.

" Just a second" he stated snickering. " You forgot to turn off your laptop last night", he announced slyly. "So I initiated to do it myself". I was enraged with the idea that he might saw the article. Before I could react he was already out of sight. My idiot brother was even humming while walking away.