Chapter 39 Colorful Friendship

Cleo Emerald's POV

"We're here", Laurent announced as his car halted in a spacious parking lot. I peeked in his car window and surveyed the place. There's several high-end cars parked near us. If I'm not mistaken, Wesley owned that black Porsche on our right. I saw him used that before I resigned.

"Thanks Lau", l gently said when he assisted me getting out of his car.

" You're welcome Sweetie", he held my waist and kissed my crown lovingly. I closed my eyes and inclined to him, with my nose an inch to his chest, smelling his masculine scent. Hmmmm... I couldn't help but smile while enjoying the moment.

" Jeez... ! Lovebirds  in the parking!" Brett was grimacing while leaning slightly on his sleek motorbike. It's evident that he just took off his helmet because of his unruly hair but I couldn't guess how long he's been there watching us.

" You arrived early man.It's quiet unusual", Lau stated ignoring his reaction. He opened the car trunk and unloaded our luggage.

" Well, people change you know", he chuckled. "Hi Cleo", he greeted as he get closer.

" Hello", I gently smiled back. I noticed that he's not wearing an appropriate outfit for motorcycle riding. But despite that he looks striking in his simple white shirt and camouflage jogger pants pair with white sneakers. Well, there's nothing to be surprise about him or their circle of friends either. So far among those that I have met, they're all undeniably hot and good looking. Plus the fact that they're all successful in their chosen path. A sudden flashback of what Amythest told me came to mind.

" Where's yours?" Lau asked when Brett helped him with the luggage.

" Nah, I already gave it to the baggage handler before I parked here", he replied.  " Let's go!" then he carried one luggage like not carrying anything at all and walked in a medium pace.

Laurent outstretched his free hand to take mine before we followed Brett silently. I don't really have a clue where exactly we're going. There's only one, which I assumed an office building beside us with an engraved Salvatier's company name and logo infront. And Brett took the route heading to the back of the building.

" Seriously?" It was Brett having an abrupt  stop while eyeing us in his lifted eyebrows.         "You two.., do you want to share any update about your arrangement? Because as far as I recalled, the wedding that I attended 3 weeks ago was a secret wedding, but what you're showing now...? It seems you want to tell everyone about your real status". Laurent and I smiled in unison.

" Don't worry Maseratti, we will be extra careful once we're with them", Lau quickly answered.  Brett didn't bother to reply but he was able to motioned his "do what you wish" look on his face before he continued walking.

"Don't mind him. Maybe he's just having his monthly period". I wasn't able to suppressed my laughter at his humorous remarks.

"Don't you dare me Morgan. Your little secret is at stake here". He was still walking but I can sense threat and amusement in his tone. Instead of getting nervous, I was delighted listening their friendly dispute. I never imagine this side of them.Weird..., but refreshing.

"Go ahead Maseratti..., tell them", he jeered him.  "Let's just see how Madie reacts if she finds out your darkest secret".

" Damn you Morgan! You can't really be trusted!" he exclaimed sullenly. I don't know who Maddie is but it seems she played a big role in Brett's life.

" Hey! What's the fuss all about guys?"It was Henry who suddenly appeared in front of us. "Hi beautiful", he greeted me and do high five to the two squabbling gentlemen.