Chapter 24 Her Quest

Cleo Emerald's POV

"Hi Richard, where's your boss?" I've been calling Trevor many times already but his out of coverage.

" He's in his apartment this morning. Let me check first Ms. Sanders, I will call him", he answered.

" Oh, nevermind. I called him but he's out of reach", I replied. " Can you just give me his address? I will visit him myself".

" I'm really sorry Ms. Sanders. It's his strict order to asked his approval first before ...",

" Don't worry, I can back you up if he gets mad", I interrupted by assuring him.

" Please let me contact him first", I sensed agitation in his voice for whatever reason.

" Richard, you know me right? I will be Trevor's wife soon...., meaning I will be your boss as well whether you like it or not", I don't want to sound like a brat but I can't wait anytime longer.

" Yes, I'm aware of that but...," he paused. Maybe running out of a better excuse.

" Remember this Richard, the moment I become Mrs. Bryce, you better start looking for another job", I felt sorry of threatening him but for now it's the only way to get his urgent answer. Besides, what I am asking is not a big deal.

" 64th floor, Grand Central Tower", he replied after taking a deep breath. " If you may, I can meet you at the lobby after an hour", he offered.

" Thank you but you don't have to", I uttered. after activating my navigation app. Grand Central is only 30 minutes drive from my location. "Just proceed on what work you are doing", I added before placing my phone in the magnetic phone car mount.

Time runs fast.Before I knew it, I was already in front of a familiar luxurious building. One of the staff approached me when my car was already in a complete stop.

" Good afternoon ma'am, is there anything that I can help you with?" I was impressed of his hospitality.

" Yeah, I am visiting a friend. Do you have an available parking? I asked him.

" Certainly ma'am, we have parking allocation for our guests. "If you may, I can park your vehicle right there", he volunteered which brought smile to my face.

" That would be great. Thank you Clint", that's the name written in his nameplate. I moved out and handed him my key.

" Ma'am, you can take this back from the reception. May I have your name?" He asked with confidence. "For record purposes" he added.

" Sure. Cleo Emerald Sanders", I answered.

" Thank you Ms. Cleo. Have a nice day". I nodded my head smiling. I entered in an electronic glass entrance while scanning the fabulous lobby area.

" Oh my", I was stupefied. If I'm not mistaken it's the exact apartment building where Laurent brought me. My senses started in chaos. I did breathing exercises several times until my heartbeat turned back to normal.

" That's it. Relax Cleo. If he's here, much better. You can talk to him right away", I mumbled  while walking straight to the reception in quick pace.

" Hi, I'm looking for L-Laurent Bryce", I told the lovely lady in front of the marble counter.

" Is he expecting you ma'am",  the woman smiled.

" No, but please tell him that it's Cleo Emerald Sanders", I replied hoping that it will be considered. I nodded my head when she excused herself and went to the next cubicle. She was talking to the person at the back of the division. I have an idea that she consult my situation to his colleague, probably her superior. She smile when she turned back to my direction.

" Please wait a moment Ms. Sanders", she uttered while lifting the telephone.

" Thank you", I was relieved while watching her.

" No one's answering my call", she declared but she try to make another call. "Maybe you can message or call him personally Ms. Sanders", she suggested after her second unsuccessful attempt.

" How about Trevor Bryce? Perhaps he's here", I already noticed the suspicion on her face.

" This is my last request, I swear", I sincerely uttered. I mouthed thank you when she began to comply.

" Can I talk to Trevor Bryce?" I was in glee overhearing a woman's voice on the other line. " Mr. Bryce? she asked after a short while of waiting. This is Nathalie at the reception, a certain Ms. Cleo Emerald Sanders is here to see you", then she listened to him.

"Ms. Sanders, please proceed this way", she ushered me towards the elevator. I was so ecstatic while walking with her.

"Thank you Nathalie, you're amazing", I told her after she swiped her card and pressed 64th floor.

" You're welcome Ms. Sanders", that was before the lift closes. As I was moving up, I can't help thinking possible ways on how to ask Trevor about his brother in a not so embarrassing manner. "I can do this", I motivate myself to boost my confidence.

I stepped out with enough courage and strong determination to finish what I started.

My hand was mid air to press the buzzer when the door suddenly open. A tall woman wearing a men's shirt appeared in front of me. Her hair was tied messily and she's barefooted.

" H-hi", I reluctantly smiled. Maybe because the way she looked at me, it makes me feel unwanted.

" Sweetie, I'm glad you're here", my brows instantly formed one line hearing his statement. I was about to react when he pulled me for a tight hug and his kiss landed just very close to my upper lip. I was astounded on his action that I even gasped loudly.

When I recovered I pushed him frowning and glimpsed the back of the woman retreating towards the second floor.