Chapter 14 Claiming Her

Laurent's POV

"Speak up", Trevor was looking at me heedfully.

"I don't know where to start Bro", I told him before taking a deep breath.

" That's weird", he commented with his signatured grin. He dragged the ottoman closer and sat there like a gossipmonger ready to hear another interesting rumor. "Tell me, what's the score between you and Emerald?"

" Stay your ass away from her Bro", I frowned when I remember how comfortable they are to each other.

" Wait, why should I do that? We are getting engaged next month remember", he reacted in his lopsided smirk.

" That will never happen", I stated seriously, meeting his gaze. " She likes me, the same way that I like her", I added with conviction.

" Wow! That's E-P-I-C !!!!", He exclaimed hilariously. " You're in love!I can't wait to tell this to the lunatics. I'm excited to see Cameron's reaction".

" You're jumping into conclusion. I said I like her, not love her", I corrected him scowling.

" I'm not convinced. Mark my word,you will be joining Stanley's club soon", Trevor stated grinning. I never said a word to end the topic. "Knowing him, he will pestered me over and over again if I contradicted him".

"I'll go with you tomorrow", I uttered subsequently.

" And now you're getting possessive", he commented chuckling. "I'm sure your intention is to watch her closely. Admit it Bro". He definitely enjoyed teasing me.

" It was really my plan even before dinner. I overheard Grandpa earlier mentioning about making his stay here longer to be with the old Sanders", I uttered in my defense. "So I'm leaving with you and Cleo tomorrow morning". I turned my back and walked straight to the door.

" And how about Emerald's cousin? You are supposed to have a date with her", he was beaming crazily.

" I never said "yes" to her", I reacted arrogantly.

" But I heard you said "OKEY" during dinner. It's exactly the same as saying YES!" he even emphasized the words making me groaned in irritation.

" Shut up Bro, you're not helping", I muttered while turning the knob.

" Where are you going?" He asked curiously.

" Inform grandpa about my plan", I replied and closed the door without waiting his response.

Cleo Emerald's POV

" Buongiorno mia bella figlia",  mom's lovely face appeared when I opened the door. I spotted Dad behind her.

" Buongiorno Mom, Dad", I greeted them pulling the door wide open to let them in. "You woke up very early", I spoke after glancing my bed side alarm clock.

" This is really our usual wake up time Ems. You know, sign of aging", Dad chuckled even more when he saw mom's brows lifted up.

" That's harsh Amore", disappointment was plastered on her face.

" I'm just kidding sweetheart", Dad hugged mom and kissed her forehead to console her.  I felt warmth witnessing Dad's sweet gesture. "I dreamt one day to marry a man like him".

" Enough Amore, we are making a scene in front of our daughter", Mom whispered while pushing him gently. I can't suppressed the smile that gradually cracked my lips upon overhearing Mom's statement. " Their sweetness is inevitable".

" Ems, we came here to bid our goodbyes and to give you these", Dad was handing me keys.

" Oh, thank you Dad, Mom. What's these?" I asked while taking the keys.

" That bundle of keys is for our apartment in Midtown Manhattan. And the other one key is for your Dad's car", Mom was talking animatedly.

" Really? Wow! Thank you Mom, thanks Dad", I ecstatically came closer and embraced them one after another. "I never thought that you have a property there".

" We bought it 2 years ago after the opening of Sander's Cosmetic Office in that area. Actually, the apartment is only few meters away from our office", he uttered.

" That's great Dad. Super thanks to both of you", I was really grateful to them.

" You're welcome mia figlia. Just promise us that you will take care of yourself  and you will visit us as often as possible", Mom stated.

" I will Mom", I truthfully uttered.

" So, would you like to join us for breakfast?" Dad asked.

" Thanks Dad, but I'm not used to have an early breakfast", I told him smiling. "Besides, I'm not yet done fixing myself". I smiled realizing that I still have a neatly wrapped towel in my wet hair.

" Okey, we understand mia figlia. See you soon", Mom hugged me once more.

" Thanks Mom, Bye...., Dad... goodbye", I faced him after Mom.

" You take care Ems", Dad uttered. I was smiling brightly as my eyes transfixed to their clasping hands when they headed towards the door. "I am so happy now without heavy load in my shoulders like what I felt when I arrived yesterday".

" One more thing Ems, I will just send to you Nelly's number later. She's our apartment caretaker as well as the exact address. You can also start working as soon as you wanted. I already informed Mr. Graham, our Head Executive Officer in Manhattan". I was chortling after what Dad said. I was so overwhelmed that I forgot to get those important details from them.

" Thanks Dad", I respond before the door finally closes. " Stay focus!" I uttered while glaring my reflection in the mirror.

Without wasting my time, I resume what I did earlier in a hurry. Trevor might be waiting for me by now. I don't want to create another negative impression after what happened last night.

I was already pulling my luggage after a short while. I went straight to the living room at the ground floor hoping that I can't encounter any of the last two persons that I never wanted to cross path with.

Hi guys,

I'm sorry that it takes time for me to have a new update. I was very busy for almost 2 weeks now.

I will try to finish another chapter today.

Lovelots❤️❤️❤️

***Periwinkzlady