Chapter 11 She's Mine

Laurent's POV

"Grandpa, have you seen Trevor?" It's a good timing that they're already in the sky patio when I came back.

" He was here a while ago", he answered briefly.

" Oh, I asked him to call my daughter", Mrs. Sanders announced. "The dinner is ready so we can proceed now to the cabana. They will be meeting us there", she added. I want to ask her to which of her daughter was she referring but I zipped my mouth instead. It's not the right time to show too much eagerness. I don't want any of them to speculate especially Grandpa who's very observant and iffy.

I assisted grandpa in his walk as we sauntered out.

" I can manage", he uttered confidently when we got out. I released him but I still stayed attentive in his every move.

"This place is really spectacular Adam" he stood still with amazement while staring at the infinity pool overlooking the city. I can't deny that I was mesmerized as well. The effect of lights boosted the magnificent appearance of the vicinity.

"Indeed Camelo", he was obviously flattered. "It's one of my considerations when I bought this property".

"Hey Lau, what took you so long?", I frowned when I glimpsed Sabrina in my pheripheral vision. She drifted gracefully towards me with her flirtatious smile leaving her Dad and Mom in the dining table. She succeeded to snatched  the attention of the two elders beside me. I wanted to push her when she clung to my arm but I restrained myself, avoiding to make a scene.

" You just left when your brother came", she mumbled sweetly.

"It's fine, he will be here in a short while", I uttered stoically. My awareness was still to the two beside me which were already exchanging meaningful glances to each other.

" Let's take our seat", I moved briskly heading to the Cabana. Her parents were there seriously talking. Their voices slowdown when we were getting closer. I smiled at them to acknowledge before pulling a chair for her. "I'm a snob as what my friends told me but I have a huge respect to women. It was instilled to me by my Mom before she died".

" Thank you, you're such a gentleman",  she commented delightfully. I was not able to reply when the approaching couple captured my sight. I even blinked several times to make sure that I am not hallucinating.

"It's really her! Despite of her new hair appearance, she is still recognizable ". She looked very lovely in her halter royal-blue dress with ruffles on each side while beaming at Trevor. They were both having fun as she giggled when my brother whispered something to her. I sensed my chest being squeezed intensely that I can't barely breath.

"Hey, are you okey Lau?" I was brought back to my senses when Sabrina patted my shoulder

" Yeah, I'm fine", I mumbled bitterly. I inclined down my head to avoid myself from further pain. I don't know why I felt this way but I was hurting while staring at them. "Will she smile like that if I was in Trevor's place? Am I too late to find her?" I felt the lump in my throat that I gulp anticipatedly.

"I'm glad that the two of you are here at last", I heard grandpa stated. I remain passive without lifting my head. I'm afraid to see the happiness in their faces.

" Hello everyone. Grandpa, please meet my future fiancee..., Emerald", I clenched my fists firmly under the table. "Shit! She's mine Trevor".

"Tesoro, this is my Grandpa Camelo", he added.

"Nice meeting you Mr. Camelo". Her voice was like music to my ears.

" You can call me Grandpa Emerald. You will become my grand daughter-in-law before this year end". There was a huge excitement in his voice.

" Bro, welcome." I have no choice but to hoist my face with a forced smile.

"Thank you", I uttered shortly. My eyes transferred to her and it didn't escaped my gaze that she was stunned and paled. The recognition was there but it disappeared momentarily.

" Tesoro, meet Laurent..,my one and only brother in flesh", he sounded overreacting but I was too busy studying Cleo's face than to mind his ludicrousness.

"Hello Emerald, it's my pleasure to meet you..., again", I kissed her cheek before I mumbled the last word.  A small smirk formed my lips when I felt her body stiffened. It pleased me to know that I still have an effect on her. I wanted to kiss and hug her tightly but I controlled my emotion with great restraint.

" H-hi", she faltered. Rosiness inevitably spread across her gorgeous face.

Hi guys,

I am really really sorry to my readers who already read this chapter. I was not done yet and still thinking for the possible outcome when I accidentally pressed the publish. In short, you read the unlikable one.

Please try to read again.

Thanks for the likes and support😍😍.

Lovelots,

***Periwinkzlady