Chapter 23 Sisterly Advice

Cleo Emerald's POV

" Helloooo", Amythest worried aura was in front of me sternly studying my face. I blink several times as I was drawn back to present.

" What's wrong with you mia sorella? I observed that lately your actions were always out of this world", she continued.

" You're overreacting Amythest", I rolled my eyes scowling. It's been a week that she's living with me. We've done a lot of things in that span of time. We went shopping, strolling along the busy streets of Manhattan even watch broadway together. And now where in a salon pampering ourselves. I still come to the office regularly but I made sure to go home early to have time with her. I don't want to waste time  because it rarely happened to the both of us. As a matter of fact, she has another work load starting on Monday.

" It's true. I asked you repeatedly but your mind is traveling somewhere",  she stated.

" What is it again?" I asked her trying to be cheerful. I just can't help myself to think about him. Despite my sister's vibrant presence, he still have time to trouble my mind. I don't have any idea regarding his whereabouts after that incident in the party. But the indication that his giving up on me that night was very clear and it frightens me.

" Are you hiding something from me mia cara sorella? She's clever enough to read my mind. I was quite weighing if I tell her what's bothering me.

" Can we talk about it later?" I spoke sincerely.

" Then, let's go", I was hesitant when she pulled me but I allowed her to do so.

" Where are we going? We are not done yet", I uttered when she headed towards the cashier and gave her credit card. We're only done with the hair treatment. She supposed to have a foot massage after.

" It's fine. We can comeback some other time", she was still tugging me until we reach the parking.

" You're unbelievable", I stated when she starts maneuvering the car.

" I know right. That's why where sisters", she was grinning while vigilantly looking in the road. " Would you like to eat first or we will take a drive thru?" She asked.

" A drive thru maybe. How about Mc Donald's? There's one after that intersection", I suggested. It's been a long time that I tried eating burger and fries.

" That sounds better. I like their spaghetti though", she said smiling.

It took us 15 minutes before we got back to the apartment. I flopped into the couch while Amythest went to the kitchen and get 2 glasses for the wine. She bought a bottle of wine yesterday which was according to her, it's her favorite wine ever. It's expensive but maybe it's worth the taste. "That's what we obtained from having an Italian blood, we used to accompany wines in every food we ate".

" So, what's bothering you?" She immediately asked the moment she came back. "She make use of her time to start the interrogation"

" Very eager?" I frowned while staring at her amused face.

" Why not? Dear sister, I'm all ears now. Whatever predicament that is troubling you, it will lighten-up if you tell me", her persuasion and sincerity was very apparent.

" Okey, fine. Have you experience that you fell to someone but everything seemed wrong?" I was gradually feeling the frustration that started to build up.

" What?" I saw confusion on her face. "Why? I mean, when we are in love, everything around us seemed perfect ", she paused while staring at me seriously. "Unless..., unless that person is..., is he married Cleo?" I was glaring on her gaping facade.

" You're crazzzy!" I pinched her ear lightly. " "Ofcourse not!"

" Ouch! You're a sadist. Can you stop turning around the bush? I'm not a psychic you know", my sister was complaining. I can't control my laugh when her jaw dropped in disappointment.

" Fine, let's be serious here. You know Trevor right?" I'm still thinking what's the right words to say.

" Ofcourse!" she replied.

" I love his brother", I never leave her eyes while saying it. She was shocked at first, absorbing what I said.

" Is he single? She confirmed.

" Yes, but I think he's giving up. You know, we had a fight last week and after that, I never hear anything from him", I explained to her.

" Does Trevor know about this?" I saw empathy in her eyes.

" No, and Trevor is not the problem mia sorella. It's nonno that I worried about and also their grandpa.

" Did he confessed about his feelings? she asked.

" He just said that...... , that.." I was unsure if I tell her everything. " That he wants me to be in his bed again". I closed my eyes afraid to witness my sister's reaction.

" What?! You had sex ?" I glared at her and covered her mouth anticipatedly as if someone can hear her.

" Shut up. You don't have to dropped that to my face", I groaned.

" Oh, sorry. I just can't believe it. Gosh! You're one of the most intractable woman that I know when it comes to men", she stated unbelievably.

" But I did. And honestly mia sorella, I don't have any regrets. It's just that, the situation now is getting more complicated".

" I don't see any problem about that sister. If you're brave enough. You have to face him and be honest with him", She noted.

" But I want more than sex. I love him and considering your option will make things more intricate", I told her wearily. " Everything will turned upside down if I failed. Remember, the engagement is still on. Unless Trevor or me can find a way to stop it.

" Then maybe you can consider that as an option", she insisted. "Just think of it, Trevor don't have any solution yet as well as you. What if you face your fear and talk to him. Just be honest, who knows, he also loves you. You know what's next if that will happen. .. the engagement is off then you will be happy with the man you love", I was looking at her with awe.

" Do you think he will forgive me?" I'm still in doubt. " Again, the previous incident flickered my mind. How rude he was to me and even before that, he was already avoiding me. Obviously, I scratched his male ego from all the rejections that I made".

" You never know if you will not try", I was overwhelmed and still apprehending all her words. We settled in silence making me think the situation over and over again.

" Where are you going?" She mumbled when I stood briskly and picked up the car key.

" I need to find him", I replied shortly.

" That's my sister! En bocca al lupo !", she even lifted her glass jubilantly before I closed the door.

Hi guys,

Please care to leave comments and likes. I appreciate it more if you share your views for me to know what to improve or if my writings is acceptable.

I will try to post the next chapter tonight or tomorrow.

Lovelots❤️❤️❤️

*** Periwinkzlady