Chapter 32 Dirty Trick for Love

Cleo Emerald's POV

I can't erase the smile in my face while staring at him. We just finished the romantic breakfast he prepared for me in his cabin's balcony. Often I skipped breakfast which I never thought that it can be this great. If it's his intention to amaze me, then he excellently did it.

Suddenly my phone rang and both our attention were diverted to it. I hesitantly picked it up glancing mom's number on the screen. I stared to him once more and saw him nodded his head and excused himself before leaving hastily.

"Mom..." I mumbled reluctantly.

" Where are you mia figlia?" I was caught off guard of her question.

" In-in my apartment", I answered after clearing my throat. I tried to sound natural but my heart was hammering freakishly.

" Oh! Come on Sweetie, don't feed me that lie. I called your sister earlier". I deliberately bit my lower lip to lessen my anxiousness.

" I will ask you again mia figlia, where are you?" I heard determination in mom's stern voice. "One wrong answer and I will tell your nonno".

" Mommmmm......, can you give me a break? Please.....", I felt annoyed after she mentioned Grandpa.

" Break?! Let me remind you Emerald, for almost 10 years you isolated yourself to us. We let you do what you want. This time, you can't get off me interfering your life. Afterall I'm your mother". I felt guilty hearing mom's disappointed tone.

" I'm sorry mom", I truthfully uttered. " But can you give me 2 days or a week atleast to loosen up? I've been exhausted these past few days". Another lame excuse but I was hoping that it might be considered.

" Fine. You can unwind for now mia figlia. But make sure to go back to work after a week", I felt a ton of relief on her statement. " I will not tell your Dad about this. You should be lucky that he was in the bathroom when Mr. Graham texted him that you did not report in the office".

" Grazie Mom", I stated emotionally.

" You take care mia figlia. See you soon". And she already ended the call. My attention was to her last words. I was reminded that the engagement is getting closer.

I turned to the sliding door where Laurent got out a while ago. I need to talk to him to confirm if he is eager enough to help me. Although he spoke about it last night but I still have to be certain about it. The help that I need is not as easy as a snap of a finger especially to an eligible bachelor like him.

I quickly exited the balcony and continue to descend downstairs when I didn't glimpse any sign of him.

I was about to enter the kitchen when I heard him talking to someone. With curiosity I peeked  from the slightly ajar door and saw him holding his smartphone.

Laurent's POV

" Thanks man, I can really trust you", I was excited while talking to Brett. "I immediately called him after he sent many photos of different pairs of wedding ring from a popular jewelry store".

" Don't thank me yet Morgan. Everything has a price", he muttered slyly.

" Tsk, Tsk, tsk! Too early to say that Maseratti. Who knows one of these days, you'll also be needing my help",