Chapter 41 Facing Danger

Cleo Emerald's POV

"There you go". A smile of satisfaction creeped my lips while I admiringly examined myself in the full length mirror. I made another turn before I sauntered with confidence back to the bed where I tossed my phone earlier. Tonight, Laurent and I are going to meet-up Selena over dinner. She's the same wedding planner behind Zandro and Ysabelle's fabulous wedding. And tomorrow, we will visit Mom and Dad back home. To tell them what they deserve to know and atleast share with them the rest of our plan.

I checked the time, we have an hour remaining prior to our restaurant reservation. Probably my husband is on his way now. He informed me earlier that he would go to Epic Bar first before picking me up. Cameron requested all the Lunatics to be there for Nigel's welcome party. My smile broadened, "I definitely agree of how they called themselves. It's really what they are behind those expensive suits they used to wear almost everyday. I'm such one of the lucky person who witnessed the real them and blessed to have one of them as my better half. Now, I can really say that Amythest was wrong with regard to her speculations.They may be have flaws, ofcourse! everyone does! But despite those flaws, I know from the bottom of my heart that they're all good people.

"Hello Babe! Can u pick me up here at 6th Avenue? I'll w8 u at 7-Eleven. My car's engine malfunctioned". I was worried after reading Lau's message. I immediately dialed his number to check on him but it's busy.

"I'm coming Lau". I replied then grabbed my Birkin bag and fleetly leave my apartment. I redialed his number before maneuvering my car but it's already unattended. Probably his smartphone battery was drained or he lost signal in his location. "It's fine. I will fetch him then we will go straight to the restaurant".

Laurent's POV

"Welcome back man. Are you staying for good?" Trevor asked gleefully.

"I really want to... But you know... work", Nigel replied.

" So how long is your vacation little brother?" Cameron butted in messing up Nigel's hair.

" Yikes! Stop doing that" He complained, quickly stepping backward to get rid of Cameron's hand.

" It still works on you, huh..!" Cameron was grinning devilishly.

" And you never change old brother", he glowered. "It depends!" He answered Cameron's question before plunging himself into the couch. "Woah! I miss this place!" He expressed vibrantly while rubbing his knuckles.

"Depends on what?" Zandro joined the conversation. He's been sitting  on his favorite couch. "

"Directive", Nigel replied sluggishly, insinuating lack of interest. "Where are the others?" It's comprehensible that he was trying to divert the topic. He's really like that when the subject has something to do with his job. It's either he will answer you a single word or he will cleverly divert the subject matter and the worst is he will pretend not to hear you at all.

" Stanley messaged me a couple of minutes ago. He's already on his way up with Henry", Zandro announced.

" Nice! We will be complete tonight!" It's Brett talking excitedly. 

" By the way Bro.., don't you have plan of looking another job? It's much better if you're closer to us you know.." Cameron made a point.

"Hmm.... yeah... why not. But not too soon. Probably after you got married?"All eyes were diverted to Cameron when he suddenly coughed hardly. The asshole was choked by the beer he's drinking.

" No way!". He still managed to outburst between his cough. "That means... you will forever be a peripatetic Bro".

" That's too early to say dimwit", Stanley grumbled the moment he entered.Henry was behind him.