Chapter 19 Feeling Empty

Cleo Emerald's POV

I let my exhausted form fall in the couch the moment I slid inside my apartment. I bend a bit reaching my foot and massage it alternately.

"This is what you got from wearing killer pumps", I murmured. Today is the most tiring day in my four days of training. Mr. Graham didn't waste time to train me. He always accompany me to every meeting that he attended as well as sit down with me if he got extra time to discuss how the company works. And just this morning, we visited our 9 cosmetic shops here in New York. I was overwhelmed from all the informations that he showed me including the figures that the company is earning. I never expected that our family business has gone too far. Making more and more money for us. And the goals are still tremendously high. Expanding to Asian countries is the next plan that will start early next year.

" Yes, Spicy Margherita", I confirmed the verification of the delivery service staff on the other line. " And please include  one order of Spicy Chicken Wings". I heard my stomach growled. My bad that I always drain myself to work and went home very late. I stared my phone like waiting someone's number to pop in the screen. I've been itching to call Trevor, to ask about him but I always lost my confidence to do so. I never expect that instead of having a peace of mind for pushing him away, I was feeling so empty and terribly missing him. The thing is I don't know if he still show off his face after all my rejection and bullheadedness. Maybe he already find someone who can warm him in bed. "Shit! That idea really sucks and painful!"

I lazily stood up and sauntered towards the minibar looking for a wine that I can pair with my ordered pizza. I pulled out a Rose Wine and got back to my seat with a stemmed glass.

"I'm coming back to New York on Sunday", I smiled reading my sister's message. I decided to give her a call.

" How are you mia sorella?" she immediately uttered. "Sorry for not keeping in touch for how many days".

" I'm good", I uttered after clearing my throat. "It's okey la mia sorellina, I understand. I've been busy also these past days. Glad to know that you're coming. This apartment will not be boring anymore", I snickered and she laughed as well.

" Ofcourse! Let's have a celebration. I will tour you around the city and let's have shopping!" She exclaimed with excitement. "Good Lord, I missed my sister so much!"

"That's a good idea, I only brought few clothes with me and I really have to upgrade my wardrobe", I was smiling whole-heartedly with the thought of shopping with her.

" I can surely help you with that mia sorella", she bubbly said.

" Oh wait, it must be my dinner", I uttered and rushed towards the door when I heard the buzzer.

" Gosh! You're not eating dinner yet?" She blurted out. Do you know what time is it now?"

" I know", I rolled my eyes. My sister is really overacting sometimes.

" Just make sure to eat on time mia sorella. I will tell mom if you keep on doing this", I heard concern in her voice.

" I will", I replied only not to strengthen the topic. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself".

" Fine, take your dinner now. I also want to sleep early. Tomorrow is the last day of our pictorial", she stated.

" Alright. Bye mia sorella. See you on Sunday", I spoke while taking my order and giving the delivery boy my payment.

" Bye. I love you", and she ended the call. I briskly place the pizza and the chicken wings beside the wine in the center table. I can't wait to munch it. I'm already salivating just by smelling the tempting aroma of the food.

Laurent's POV

" What the fuck! What's happening here?" It's been two days since Trevor called me but I never expected him to visit me in the apartment. After we parted ways in the airport last Sunday, he didn't sleep in my apartment again which I was grateful for. As possible, I don't want him to see me in this condition.

" Just leave me alone for now Bro. I need more time to think", I told him while trying to raise my head. I was suffering from a terrible headache due to hang over. It's always like this everyday.I have to drown myself to alcohol until I feel numb, that way I can endure the pain of rejection. It's only temporary while I'm still on the process of healing.

" That's bullshit Bro! You had enough yet it became worst. Look at yourself, you're a mess!" I never heard Trevor used me that tone until now. I clasped the cushion in the couch and covered it to my face. The sunlight creeping inside my living room was blinding me.

" Close that curtain", I complained groaning. " I still want to sleep".

" No! You get up and fix yourself. It's past three in the afternoon" Trevor stated.

" Leave", I murmured.

" I said no! I will not leave unless you take a bath and go with me", he stated seriously.

" Where are we going?" I asked.

" You're forgetful", Trevor hissed and I hate him doing that. "Tonight is Zandro's proposal. All of us should be there to show our support".

" Fine", I mumbled lifting my arms which he automatically grasped firmly and pulled my weight up. It's the usual thing we do everytime one of us is feeling lazy.

" Thanks Bro", I uttered when I was already on my feet.

" Quick. I can't afford to be late." He pushed me to the bathroom.

" It's still early", I reacted.

" Someone is joining us on the ride. I want to create a good impression", the monkey was grinning mischievously. I just shrugged my shoulder off before heading to the bathroom.

" I put a glass of water and Tylenol in the bedside table, make sure to drink it", I heard him after a short while.

" Okey, thanks" I replied while scanning my face in the mirror. " My brother is right, I look terrible!"