Chapter 22 Getting Worse

Cleo Emerald's POV

Cleo Emerald's POV

I was smiling while having big strides towards the powder room. The scene that I witnessed a while ago felt surreal. I had mixed emotions while staring at the couple in the center of the spotlight.

Ysabelle was crying. But it was tears of joy and maybe majority of the girls in the venue as well. And who would not be if the man you deeply in love for more than five years despite all setbacks and misunderstanding proposed in front of you with both their friends and families in the background.

The part that was instilled in my mind was when her face was covered with fright when everything around her was darkness and how it turned brightly after she saw their adorable son Zander and the moment Zandro appeared in front of them, her reaction was priceless. There was overflowing love filling the surroundings, affecting all of us instantly. That's why the moment she answered yes!, everyone was rejoicing.

After peeing, I washed my hands and opened my handy red bag. I need to retouch my make up quickly. This time, I let my hair down freely. The celebration is non-stop and I admit, I am enjoying the party. Everyone is high spirited while dancing and drinking. I also checked Laurent everytime. He's still mingling with his friends but I noticed that he really control his drinking. He often caught me staring at him but I just smiled while he pulled back his gaze with a poker face. " Maybe it's because of the alcohol that's why I felt so brave to meet his gaze. What's new? It's the same old me. I remembered what I did the last time that I got drunk".

" Enough!" I whimpered while erasing that thought. "I should stop now before I will lost control of myself again". I picked my bag and took the same path back to the party.

" Enjoying the party?" I almost lost my balance when Laurent came into view. He was holding his removed coat while staring my face sharply.

" Y-yes", I wanted to pinch myself for faltering.

"Why are you here?" It took me sometime before I constructed that question. I'm running out of words. He just stared at me without answering which made me more conscious.

"How about you, are you enjoying the party?" I asked again hoping that he will reply this time. I was doing it trying to make a conversation with him.

" Not really". He answered shortly. I threw him a questioning look. "I mean, I'm happy for the both of them". It was a deafening silence after he speak.

" I have to go", he uttered audibly.

" You mean, you're going home?" I felt sad with the idea that he might be going home now.

" Yeah", he answered shortly. Before I could react, he already turned away.

" But you didn't bring your car", I bravely uttered. I don't know what's happening to me but I only want him to stay longer in the party.

" My driver is waiting outside", he made a quick glance to my direction. My shoulder slumped forward. I felt so upset about it.

" You take this", I looked up to his face when he came closer and handed me his coat.

" What's this?" I asked him wondering.

" Wear it", my confusion escalated because of his action. "I don't get his point".

" By next month, you will be my brother's fiancee. Please keep you reputation intact atleast to our friend's sight". It took time for me before I perceived what he said. "It's like he slap me on my face. I thought we will be okey after this talk. That we can move forward from where we ended, but I was wrong".

" I don't need that!" I furiously hurled the coat back to him. I don't care if I raised my voice. He obviously didn't anticipate my action, making the coat fell to the ground. " You jerk! You don't have any right to insult me like that!" I was trembling with anger.

" I do have a right. I'm just protecting Trevor's reputation. You even entertain other men in front of him. Please, show some decency", His words were so distressing. I never thought that he can hurt me that way so badly. "Why it's very easy for him to think the worst of me?" I stay hidden in the bushes while my tears streamed down my face.

Laurent's POV

" To Morgan Mansion" I instructed my driver melancholy. I'm still distracted of what I did a while ago. Her hysterical image keep on bothering me over and over again.

" Shiiiiit!" I whined. Regret started to consumed me. I felt so guilty about it. I was overpowered by too much jealousy to my brother and to Wesley. It hurts that it's easy for them to make her smile but for me, it's the hardest thing to do. I was determined to let her go, and I worked for it in almost five days but all my efforts evaporated when I saw her again tonight.

Watching Zandro and Ysabelle earlier brought too much fear inside me. I might lost my sanity if I saw Trevor and Cleo doing that thing. Being reminded that their engagement will be less than a month now, I'm started feeling ill.