Chapter 16 Just Him

Cleo Emerald's POV

I was thankful that Laurent keep his distance after what happened earlier. He never bothered me nor sit beside me when we transferred to Trevor's private plane.

" Coffee?" I glanced to his direction when the flight attendant approached him. He was in the corner leather chair, five seats away from mine.

" Yes please, and maybe a slice of pancake", he replied mannerly. I looked back to the magazines in my lap but I was all ears, listening to them.

" Okey, your favorite brewed coffee and pancake with chocolate syrup", the attendant stated.

" Nice, you still remember it. Thanks Krystal", he sounds delighted.

" You're very welcome Laurent", she replied in her alluring tone making me stared back to them. First name bases huh!" I murmured. I hated this feeling of being bothered seeing him talking comfortably with that woman. "I felt jealous!"

Embarassment kicks in when he suddenly turned to my direction. It's too late that he might also witnessed how my face reddened before I manage to pulled back my gaze.

I stood up in no time and rush towards Trevor's private room. "Shit! What are you doing Cleo?" I mumbled frustratingly. "I'm such a failure on masking my emotion!"

" Trevor, can I come in?" I spoke while knocking.

" Just a second", I heard him answered. Approaching footsteps were getting louder.

" I'm sorry if I might interrupted you but I ....," I lost my words when he finally opened the door half naked. He obviously came from the shower with only skimpy towel wrapped from his v-line down to his mid thigh.

" Oops! Sorry, it didn't came to me to get decent first before opening the door", he was apologetic.

" It's- it's o-key! Can I use your-your toilet for a while?" I was trying to compose myself despite my stumbling words. My focus directed straight to his face to avoid a single chance to look down. I've been seeing lots of half naked men in my existence but it's kind of weird why I'm acting this way now. There's a side of my mind telling me not to look to someone else. That it must only be Laurent!

" Sure!" He instantly replied giving me space to enter. I moved swiftly towards the slightly opened door near the built-in closet. I was too occupied to realize that I should have to ask him where the toilet was. And I'm apprehensive to turned back to him and verify since it will surely appeared ridiculous. I just hope I am heading the right way.

Laurent's POV

I was overjoyed seeing her expression. She was flushed and I saw jealousy in her eyes. I made a decision earlier to keep my distance after what happened in the car. It's a slapped to my face that she clearly made me feel unwanted. That probably I was wrong of thinking that we feel the same way.

" She loves you", her statement drew back my attention. Krystal is been a friend since she started working to my brother two years ago. "And you love her".

" Where did you get that idea?" I stared at her seriously.

" Well, let's just say that I'm good at that area", she was smiling mischievously. "Reading a person's mind and interpreting actions".

" Then I'm very lucky for having a Psychic friend like you", I stated grinning. " What precisely in her mind?"

" When she saw us, she thought of tugging my sleek hair like this...," she even acted pulling her hair. " And scraping my pretty face using her long, well- manicured nails like this.... Grrrrrrr!" My suppressed laughter eventually bursted out. She even positioned her hands like a tiger ready to attack.

" That was ferocious! My Cleo will not act that way", I stated while holding my stomach. Krystal's sense of humor was amazing.

" You're claiming it! My Cleo! That's love!", she sounds excited. "Oh how I wish, the man of my life will also call me "My Krystal", she was placing her clasped hands to her cheek and close her eyes.

" You're fantasizing again. Why not tell my brother about it? Who knows he will start to notice you". I suggested and chuckled when her expression changed.

" Nevermind! Your brother is a hooker. I don't want to get involve with him that way", she grimaced.

" But you like him", Even if she was very discreet, I still sensed it everytime Trevor is talking to her.

" It's fine. I will overcome this sooner", she spoke possitively. Her lively disposition was still there. " Wait! We're getting far, we are talking about you in the first place".

" You really think that she loves me?" I wanted to hear it, even not from Cleo for now but it's a good boost hearing it from their league. I was told that woman know their kind better.

" Seriously, Yes! We will not act like that if we don't feel something for a guy", she sincerely said.

" Thank you", I was feeling ecstatic and determined hearing it.

" Where are you going? Your coffee and pancake will be serve in two minutes", she uttered with raised eyebrows when I left her.

" Be right back. Just need to watch her closely. She's with my monkey brother in that room", I was pointing it with my index finger while talking.

" Go on. Just be nice to the hooker", she winked at me. I resumed walking while shaking my head. "I don't know how my brother react if he find out that one of his staff gave him a horrible pet name".