- Chapter 1: Reunion -

- I do not own any of the images used throughout this series - 

- Serena's POV - 

We followed Baron and Nemus back to where the resistance was hiding and when we got there I never could have guessed what came next. 

"Mira is that you?" I asked.

"Yes and who might you be?" She said.

"You might not remember me but I use to come visit you, we'd battle and have fun but then...it all stopped one day." I said sadly. 

Shock overcame Mira and she finally figured out who I was. 

"Serenity is that you?" Mira asked.

"Yes it is...it's nice to see you again." I replied.

Baron then became surprised. 

"Mira you know her?" Baron asked.

"The first time we met was in alpha city before the time my brother disappeared and the two of us became close but it all changed one day and I never saw her again...until today anyway, your appearance has changed or was that not what you really looked like? " Mira said.

 "You are correct but back then I wasn't entirely honest with you, Lunafreya and I are not from Vestal nor earth, we are from a place that neighbours earth, we hail from the moon." I said.

"When the princess first came to New Vestroia even I was completely unaware and when we finally noticed she came back of her own volition for reasons unknown." Lunafreya said.

"Wait did you just say princess?!" Baron screamed.

"Princess Serenity is the rightful heir to the millennium throne, it is my duty to protect her and the sacred treasure from falling into the wrong hands for she is the only one able to use the crystal to its full potential." Luna said.

"Why would you leave the safety of your home just to come all the way here to New Vestroia." Mira asked.

It's simple really...it may seem childish to others back at home but I believe that what I am doing is right. 

"I made a promise to Lunafreya to help free the bakugan but personally...this is what I want regardless if I am a princess or not, I am just as determined as the rest of you!" I said.

"Well if that's true then prove it..."

A boy came out of the shadows. 

"Ace knock it off." Mira said. 

"Battle me and Percival and if you win...you'll have my approval." Ace said.

"Ace she has nothing to prove so just drop it alright?" Mira said. 

I walked in front of Mira.

"It's fine Mira...if Ace wants to play then i'm game." I said while smirking.

I followed Ace to where we would have our battle, Baron and Mira stayed by the side lines and watched to see who would win.

"Are you ready to lose?" Ace asked.

"Stop talking and let's brawl." I replied.

We stood at opposite ends loading our gauntlets ready to do battle.

"Gauntlet power strike!" We both yelled out.

The next thing I did was laying out a gate card, one that would benefit Luna giving her a little power boost incase she needed it. 

"Get ready bakugan brawl! bakugan stand, rise Haos Lunafreya protector of Millennium!" I yelled while throwing Luna into the battlefield.

Ace then threw his bakugan Percival into the fight, their power levels differ with Luna's at 800g's while Percivals being 600g's.

"Their difference in power level is incredible." Baron stated.

"I'll make this quick and less humiliating...ability activate! Light of divine punishment, now your abilities are useless for a short period of time while Luna's power level increases by 200g and now for the fanale...gate card open! Haos reactor, further increasing Luna's power level buy 200g making her total power level 1200g's. I said.

Luna attacked Percival beating him and turning back into ball form.

"Ace life gauge 50%"

I saw the look on Ace's face, he must have felt utterly devastated but this gave him more reason in wanting to beat me, we'll see how this battle ends. 

- Later on - 

"You put up a valiant effort Ace but in the end you lost but it was no easy task in defeating you." I said as I extended my hand to him.  

He took hold of it firmly and then helped him to his feet.

"Your a better brawler than I thought you'd be and because I underestimated you I lost." Ace admitted. 

"Luna has been my partner for many years, she is not the only bakugan on the moon and not my only protector, I have mastered other attributed bakugan as well but I mainly like yo use Luna." I said.

Mira then walked up to me and shook my hand.

"Welcome to the resistance." She said. 

By the time the battle was over night had disappeared and a brand new day had just begun and this feeling had overcame me, the others noticed the look on my face and asked me what was wrong.

"The perfect core...it has left New Vestroia but that could only mean..."

"Mean what?" Aced asked.

"Drago has left New Vestroia leaving behind some of the perfect cores power to keep it stable while travelling to Earth in search for the only person whom he'd call partner...to simplify Drago went to Dan Kuso and plans to bring him to New Vestroia in order to help him free his home." I said.

"But how could you know if the perfect core left New Vestroia or not?" Mira asked.

"It's because I can sense the power of the perfect core, wherever it goes i'll be able to pinpoint its location with ease." I continued.

 Right at this very moment Drago is still crossing between dimensions and should be arriving on earth very soon, I should also assume that the enemy will automatically know when Drago returns with Dan. 

"We must head back...we'll be having company very soon." I said.

"Serenity is right we should be heading back to prepare for our new guests." Mira said.

Hearing Mira call me by my real name feels nostalgic, the past was some time ago but yet it felt as if it all happened yesterday. The memories of yesterday when compared to the lifespan that I am forced to live...I will cherish every moment for these precious memories will always have a special place in my heart and so too will the people I call friends. 

"Before we go I have a request for all of you." I said. 

"What is it?" Mira asked. 

"For the time being that I am here please call me Serena and don't use my real name...I would prefer that non would know who I really am for it would just make things difficult and I would appreciate it." I continued. 

"We promise" Mira said. 

As we headed back I remembered the events that happened the previous night with Spectra, there is no doubt that he is a skilled brawler and saw right through me. It dosen't matter...the next time we meet I won't hold back, i'll show him how powerful Lunafreya and I are for sure.

- To be continued -