- Chapter 19: Assault on Gamma -

- Serena's POV - 

After we we destroyed Beta City we quickly made haste onto Gamma city, when we arrived the plan was to observe then take the elevator down into the underground city.

"Ok let's get going." Dan eagerly said.

"Wait Dan something's not right, the Vexo's know we're coming and yet there are no guards...don't you find that a bit strange?" I asked. 

"It must be a trap." Ingram suggested.

"Even so we still don't have a choice, this is the last dimension controller and once it's destroyed the bakugan will be free again, we didn't come this far just to back down so are you in or out!?" I spoke.

They all looked at one another before giving their final verdict. 

"Let's do this." Dan said. 

"Ok but we need to be careful, now let's go." I said before we all entered the elevator.  

We made it down exiting so that we could get on the main elevator but as we tried we were interrupted.

"Not so fast."

Baron took the first battle ushering for us to continue and not waste time.

"Be careful." I said before leaving. 

He gave a solid knod before continuing the battle, we entered the elevator making it all the way down to the entrance then slowly making our way through the place.

"Where are all the people?" Marucho questioned.

"There aren't any, Gamma city is a research facility but we should still keep it down." ace replied. 

Everything seemed good until Shadow and Mylene decided to greet us, Marucho and Ace took the two of them on leaving Dan, Ace and I to continue onwards to the controller. Taking the elevator down one more time we ran until we came across Mira and Gus.

"It's Mira and Gus." Dan said. 

We stopped metres away Dan and Ace shocked but I unfazed.

"So it is true." Ace admitted. 

When we made it back to command we told Ace, Shun and Marucho everything that happened while they were still on New Vestroia and were surprised by the turn of events, Ace didn't want to believe but now looking at Mira next to Gus he was forced to.

"Mira is this what you really want? to turn your back on the bakugan and your friends?" I questioned.    

"I'm a bakugan brawler Serenity, I have to honor what the battle decides...when I battled Spectra he won fair and square, i'm now with him." She replied. 

"Alright then game on, i'm not gonna hold back so prepare yourself." 

"Serena are you sure? I mean after what happened are you up for this?" Dan asked. 

It's true that the last battle wore me out considerably but even so I won't back down.

"Yes, I am." I answered. 

we all placed our gauntlets on starting the battle, Mira placed some sort of container on the ground...what could be inside it? we'll find out in a minute.

"Gauntlet power strike!" The four of us yelled. 

Mira made the first move placing a gate card then bringing a darkus bakugan into the fight, Ace took the initiative and threw percival into the fray. 

Darkus Percival - 450G's

Darkus Darkhound - 500G's

"Ok Luan your up." I said.