- Chapter 4: Marucho's mission -

- Serena's POV -

It was a quiet day everyone was doing something such as Dan and Baron brawling, Mira overseeing the battle, Ace and Marucho doing their own thing while Luna and I watched the battle until it was stopped. I noticed Marucho exit the base watching as Mira, Ace, Baron and Dan talking about training and I could see the look on Marucho's face...it was that of sadness. Preyas means so much to him and yet they've been taken and who knows what's happening to them right now, the only thing we can do is hope for the best.

- Night time -

I couldn't sleep and decided to go outside and bask in the moonlight. I stood there taking in the light of the moon, it felt warm but different...it still gave me that comforting feeling like back at home , I was completely immersed in the light forgetting about the troubles of today.

- Prince Hydron's POV -

"Sire one moment."

"What is it Spectra?" I asked.

"We've picked up a strange energy signature but it's not coming from a bakugan." Spectra replied.

"Are you telling me that it's coming from a person?" I asked.

"Yes and it would seem that it rivals that of the perfect core itself." Spectra said.

"How is that possible?" I asked again.

"We are not sure yet, we've pinpointed the source of the power and it's not too far from Mylene's current location." Spectra replied.

"Hmm very good, notify me of any new developments in regard to this matter but for now simply observe." I ordered.

"Yes sire."

Hmm a power that rivals that of the perfect core...things just got rather interesting, maybe i'll make it apart of my collection.

- Serena's POV -

I was still immersed in the light of the moon until I was shocked back into reality by Luna.

"Princess?!"

"Wha...what is it Luna?" I asked.

"You must be careful not to release any of the crystals power, as you know its power is amplified by the moon." Luna replied.

I then finally noticed that I was glowing and quickly put a stop to it.

"I'm...sorry Luna." I said.

"It's ok princess, I am your protector it is my duty to look after you and always keep you in my sight."

I smiled...Luna's words made me happy, whenever i'm with her...I never truly alone.

"We should head back now." I said.

As we were heading back, I could feel that someone was watching us and when I turned around I saw what had looked like a drone, had it been watching this entire time? If so then that possess as trouble. I stood there unwavered until it flew away most likely back to where the Vexos were. Turning around I then noticed that Marucho was sneaking away into the dark of night, where could he be going? I thought to myself but it would be best to leave him alone for the time being.

- Spectra's POV -

So it would seem that my suspicions were correct, there is more to this mysterious girl than meets the eye, her power is marvellous it may even be more powerful than the perfect core. With her power combined with perfect core I will be able to create the ultimate bakugan that has ever lived but the question now is...how do I proceed?

- Prince Hydron's POV -

"Sire a new development"

"What is it Spectra?" I asked.