- Chapter 18: Beta City -

- Serena's POV - 

We left earth leaving the others behind, when we safely landed back on New vestroia something felt off but I couldn't put my finger on it. 

"We're back on New Vestroia." Dan spoke. 

"Yes and now that Drago has returned the core has stabilized but we're far from finished freeing New Vestroia, that being said it won't be easy." I said. 

"I just wish Mira was here." Baron said sadly. 

Mira made her choice, her feelings for her brother weight more than her desire to free the bakugan...I thought I knew her better but I was wrong. 

"We need to face facts Mira's gone now, we've got to find Shun and the others." Dan said.  

"Yes your right and I might know where to find them." I said. 

We made our way back to the command centre finding it empty as expected but Dan and Baron found it strange. I'll admit it was strange finding the command centre empty, you'd think Ace and the others would have taken it with them to Beta city but it was left untouched. Baron walked over to the console and pinpointed our location, we weren't far from Beta city and since I assumed thats where they were headed we continued onwards hoping that I was right. 

- The next day -

"So that's Beta city..." Dan said eyeing the aquatic city

Who would have thought they would have a city based on water.

"Looks like we have to get wet." I stated. 

Suddenly out of the blue we were teleported inside of the city somewhere, it looked to be an arena of some sort.

"The Vexo's have made the first move which also means they have set this trap for us." I said. 

"How right you are Serenity..."

the lights turned on revealing the Vexo's were behind our abrupt abduction.

"It's Spectra!" Dan yelled.

"You should have learned by now that escaping from me is not an easy task." Spectra said.

The lights then turned to Mylene and Shadow, we have no choice but to engage in a battle with them. 

"If you have something to say then say it to us." Mylene interrupted.

"We're going to stamp out your little resistance for good." Shadow spoke before laughing maniacally.

"You should let us battle Serena, your not fully recovered yet after your last battle." Dan said.

"But..." I was interrupted. 

"No buts,  just sit back and enjoy the show." 

There was no point trying to argue with him so I took my place by the sidelines waiting and watching. They activated their gauntlets beginning the battle, they needed to prolong the battle for as long as possible in order to overload the dimension controller just like Alpha city. Dan made the first move placing his gate card down the they all threw their bakugan into the arena, when I saw Shadows bakugan it looked like hydranoid but in mechanical form...it disgusted me.

(I'm going to skip some of the battle because i'm tired and writing this at nearly 4 in the morning plus somehow my nephew is awake which also complicates things but I promise to make it up to you guys in the next chapter.)

- Later - 

The battle progressed, Dan and baron weren't getting anywhere since Mylene did something to the dimension controller so now it won't be easy to overload it. There might still be another way...if Drago could tap into the perfect cores power then that might work. Things weren't looking to good when shadow took Baron out with his last attack, Mylene gloated then bragged about taking Shun and the others out...infuriated Drago used the power of the perfect core but it looked to be not enough. Drago was getting thrashed by Elico, he was able to fight back again tapping into the power of the perfect core turning the tide of the battle in their favor taking out Shadows bakugan eliminating him from the battle. Not long after Shun, Ace and Marucho arrived to the scene. With Drago's last attack the battle came to a close with the resistance winning and with the destruction of the dimension controller, with the bakugan turned back we quickly made our escape out of Beta city leaving the Vexo's stunned. 

- To be continued - 

I know one of my most sloppiest works but the next one will be better so stay tuned...

Izanami.   

PS: In regards to the up-spree I still plan to upload ten chapters, i'm doing half now and half later during the day possibly into Tuesday.