♡ I Mɪᴀ Aɴᴅ Hᴇʀ Pᴀʀᴛɴᴇʀ ♡

yoυ ɴever reαlιze нow мυcн yoυ lιĸe ѕoмeoɴe υɴтιl yoυ wαтcн тнeм lιĸe ѕoмeoɴe elѕe.

♥ ♥ ♥

Mɪᴀ Pᴏᴠ

Mɪᴀ Pᴏᴠ

"He sweeps her hair back from her ears; he swings her above his head. He says she is his émerveillement. He says he will never leave her, not in a million years." 

Not believing the lines written by Anthony Doerr's in this book of his, I close the book with a thud, receiving a glare from the students present around me. Nerds! Muttering a sorry, I rest my chin on a hand. 

I remember the time when I believed true love existed but not anymore for me, of course. My parents met each other when they were a freshman in high school, they fell in love with each other, got hitched and they are still insanely going strong for each other. Ask me, I hear mom's moans from my bedroom. Gross! Okay, so growing up seeing my parents madly in love, I wanted my own fairy tale too, my first love to be my one and only love, marry him and spend my eternity with him. I know, how boring, right? But it's in the past. Periods.

It's Saturday and here I'm sitting in the college library for the past few hours. I'm really behind in my studies and missing classes on Wednesday got a load on me. I glance down at my hand at my watch to see its twenty left to three. Sighing, I look around with boredom as I place the book in my bag and stood up, making my way out of the library.

As soon as I was out of the library, I pull out my phone to see a message from Joey reminding me of our movie plan tonight with others. I send him a quick reply, happy that he is talking to me, again.

The day Tristan left, I and Ivy went to see mom, where I was shocked to see Joey already with mom in the hospital as I didn't inform him, but I guess Ivy did. We took mom home - she is still on bed rest for a week - and the rest of our day went spending time with my parents with Joey giving me a cold shoulder.

Joey was upset with me and he had a point when he told 'What's use of having friends when they aren't with you in your low time or whenever you need them' and then he didn't talk to me until the next day. All the classes we were in together, his silence made me realize how much I miss my pesky best friend Joey. I had slid a 'Sorry' note in his locker, which made him forgive me with one condition - to not keep things from him. Ivy and Joey are my best friends and it's for the better I start opening up to them more if I don't want to lose them.

"I hope you are not ditching me, partner." Just hearing his voice, I felt the warmth of the blush as it crawled up on my neck and I was nervous to turn and face him and that's what happens to me since I met him. I took a deep breathe, giving myself a second to relax before turning to face him. 

He was wearing a blue polo T-shirt and khaki pants, his hair was perfectly combed. His hands were in his pockets. He had a sheepish smile tugged at his lips.