♡ I Lɪᴋᴇ Yᴏᴜ, Bᴜᴛ Yᴏᴜ Lɪᴋᴇ Hᴇʀ ♡

ѕo мυcн мore waѕ ѕaιd ιn тнe υnѕaιd

♥ ♥ ♥

Nobody Compares To
You

Mɪᴀ Pᴏᴠ

I couldn't stop the butterflies in my stomach from dying one by one. It's like someone snatched your favorite ice cream from your hand.

Ya, that feeling, that one! Now, you get me?

Plus, Joey's gaze that shifted back and forth between me and the scene in front of us is not helping either. When he saw the look on my face that was opposite from the one when he picked me up from my house, his grip tightened on the steering wheel, making his knuckles turn white. Just a moment ago we were joking about something but that changed as soon as Joey pulled into the parking space.

He was furious. I should've not let my emotions be too obvious. He is my friend so, it will bother him to see me upset.

I gave myself a minute to pull myself together and placed my hand on his, giving him an assuring smile with the hope that my smile works on him like it always does.

As soon as I saw his stop-bullshitting-with-me expression. I cowered away and retracted my hand on my lap.

It's Joey. He knew me enough to know when I'm pretending to be alright, just like Jasper did. What was I even thinking?

My eyes focused down on my hands. I know very well I won't like the scene playing in front of me yet, I fidgeted with my fingers, debating with myself whether I should steal one more glance or not.

This morning when I woke up, I was happy. In fact, I was looking forward to the day to unfold. And when Joey picked me up, it didn't take him even a minute to guess my mood. But it definitely took him a lot of pushing, which by the way took half of the ride to the college for him to know the reason for my pleasant mood. Tristan.

The other night when Tris came home, I really had a good time. I didn't even realize when I fell asleep as I woke up in the morning, I was in my bed. No way Tris carried me to the bed. He just couldn't. Just look at the guy and then look back at me. He definitely can't carry me. No doubt, he is fit and has a ridiculously hot body that is enough to make any girl crazy over him but that doesn't mean he carried me from my living room to my bedroom.

Maybe, I was too sleepy to remember walking myself to the bedroom.

Yeah, that could be the possibility.

And that's what happened.

"I'm going to snap that motherfucker's head," Joey's angry voice pulled my attention back.

I knew what he meant and I was too embarrassed to look up at Joey, I replied, "You won't."

"You wanna bet on that?" He dared me to.

That brought my gaze to him. "Don't do anything stupid, Joey. It's not like we were together. We are ju... just..." I stuttered as I struggled to let the words out. I didn't want Joey to think I was hurt but my stupid voice betrayed me. My voice always gave away when I cried. I glanced down, bit my lips to keep them from quivering, and blinked my eyes to get rid of the blur. I can't let Joey do something that will land him in trouble, especially because of me. "Good friends. Yes, that's what we are," I completed with a little more certainty in my voice this time. I was not sure who I was trying to convince, Joey or myself. Either way, I was fooling both.