7

Scarlett looks into the mirror, her lips parting

Scarlett looks into the mirror, her lips parting. Her lip is cut and her eye is bruised, from what? She's not entirely sure. Her eyes are red from the crying she has done; killing a man, killed her. She's not sure about anything, why Shane shot Otis in the leg is unknown. She didn't want to speak about it, to anyone. But the truth comes out, sooner or later, nothing she can do or say about it.

Scarlett quickly gets dressed into the clothes Maggie let her use. Her eyes linger on her swollen ankle, which is black and blue. She sighs before shutting off the lights and walking out of the bathroom, trying to find Maggie.

In the kitchen sits Glenn and Maggie. "Hey." Scarlett mumbles walking up towards them. "I'm sorry about Otis." She apologizes, her voice shaking. "It's okay. Things happen." Maggie says, wiping her tears away. "I wanted to thank you for the clothes."

Maggie sends Scarlett a small smile. "It was no problem." Scarlett looks over at Glenn, faking a smile. "I'm going to head outside." She mutters before limping out of the kitchen. She steps out onto the porch, seeing Rick and Lori sitting there, Shane sitting on Otis's truck. Scarlett walks to the corner of the porch, sitting down with her legs to her chest.

"Kill me." The phrase replays in her head like a record on repeat. It feels like the gun is back in her hand, ready to shoot him once again. His cries of pain from being shot are echoing in her head.

Why did the bastard have to shoot him? Just why? He put the blood on MY hands, I'm the killer. I killed him. He had a wife waiting for him and I ended his life.

"Scarlett." A voice brings the grieving girl out of her thoughts. "What?" She snaps, looking up to see the bastard, Shane. "You can't tell anyone." He says, his hand shaking.

Scarlett chuckles darkly, looking into his eyes. "You can't tell anyone." She mocks, climbing to her feet. "Well, you know what bastard? If that's what you're worried about, than you're sick. You're a sick-minded, selfish murderer." She spats, glaring at him.

"I'm the murderer? That's funny. Cause last time I checked, you're the one who killed him." He retorts and Scarlett clenches her jaw, refusing to say anything else. She gives him one last glare before walking off the porch.

♢ ♢ ♢

Carl smiles at Scarlett as she walks into the room. "Hey bud." She says, sitting at the end of the bed. "Scarlett." He replies, looking at her.

"I haven't been able to go out to find any comic books yet." She informs him and he giggles, "I wanted to go with you once I get better." Scarlett looks up at Rick and Lori who have just entered the room. "We will see." She gives him a smile before getting up and walking out of the room.

Scarlett walks outside, heading to the corner of the porch. She sits down, crossing her ankles, wincing at the pressure on the injured one. "You need to get that checked out." She turns her head to see Glenn looking at her. "I will after the funeral." She tells him, her arms crossed over her chest.

"If you don't, I will." Glenn threatens and Scarlett playfully glares at him. "If you do, I'll beat your ass." She mutters and Glenn throws his head back, laughing. "Come help me, idiot." She says and holds her hand out. "So you can beat my ass but you can't get up by yourself?" Glenn jokes, grabbing her hand and pulling her up.

She hobbles a bit before resting on the rails of the porch. "So, you and Maggie?" Scarlett asks, a smirk appearing on her face. "W—What do you mean?" Glenn stutters, his cheeks turning pink. "I see the way you look at her." Scarlett teases, a playful smile appearing on her face.

Before he can reply, a motorcycle revs. Scarlett looks over to the road, watching as the motorcycle, RV, and Jeep pull up. "T-Dog, go tell everyone!" Scarlett says, a smile appearing on her face. "Of course, get the guy with a hurt arm to do it." He jokes and Scarlett laughs.

"At least you don't have an ankle as fat as Santa." Scarlett winks, holding her leg up. T-Dog chuckles before heading into the house to alert everyone. Scarlett hops down the steps, greeting everyone. "Daryl." She says, turning her head towards him. "Any luck?" She asks, hope in her eyes.

"Not yet." His deep voice grumbles and Scarlett frowns. "We will find her. No matter how long it takes, we're going to find her." Scarlett says and Daryl nods. "Everyone else is givin' up." He says and Scarlett looks up at the sky. "I know." She mumbles and looks at Rick and Lori.

"If it wasn't for Hershel and his people, Carl wouldn't be here." Lori says and Scarlett nods at Hershel, silently thanking him. "And Shane and Scarlett. They got the supplies needed. They saved the day." Scarlett freezes up, her jaw clenched.

We didn't save the day, we killed a man! She wants to scream it, get the guilt off of her chest, but she can't.

She feels a pat on her shoulder and she looks up to see Dale. "Let's go." He tells her and she nods, the two walking behind the group. "What happened?" Dale asks and Scarlett looks up, confusion on her face. "Something happened last night, I can see it on your face. You're thinking about something."

"Nothing happened." Scarlett replies, gritting her teeth. "What happened to Otis than?" Scarlett closes her eyes before opening them again. "The walkers got him."

Scarlett walks ahead of Dale, as quick as she can. She hates being questioned about stuff. It makes her feel like a convict.

♢ ♢ ♢