16

Scarlett climbs out of the truck, eyes narrowed at everyone who is still pointing their weapons at her

Scarlett climbs out of the truck, eyes narrowed at everyone who is still pointing their weapons at her. "God damn it. Stop pointing your weapons at me!" She sasses, throwing her arms up. Carl is the first to snap back into reality and he runs towards Scarlett, arms wide open. Scarlett grins, lowering herself to his height and hugging him tightly.

"You didn't think I was dead, did you?" She whispers to him and he shakes his head. "The others did." He says, pulling away. Scarlett raises up to full height, getting tackled by Maggie. Scarlett hugs her back, arms wrapped tightly around her waist. Glenn joins in on the hug, happy that his girl and his friend are okay.

"Glad you're okay." Rick tells Scarlett as the small group hug finishes. Scarlett sends him a thankful smile before glancing at everyone. "We should get moving. We're going to head East." Rick announces and everyone scatters to their vehicles. Scarlett starts walking towards the green car, but is interrupted. "Scarlett get yer' ass over here." She rolls her eyes before turning changing direction and walking towards Daryl. "What?" She asks as she reaches the bike.

"Yer' riding with me." She sighs, but really on the inside, her stomach is twisting in knots. Scarlett swings her leg over the seat, wrapping her arms around Daryl's torso. "Yeehaw." She mutters to Daryl and he shakes his head, a small smile on his face.

He revs the motorcycle up and leads the vehicles away from the highway. "I thought you were dead." Daryl speaks up after a little while. "That's what Carl told me and I'm offended." Scarlett tells him, a joking tone to her voice. "But y'all had every reason to believe I was dead." She corrects herself, laying her head on Daryl's back. "This is relaxing." She mumbles, her eyes closing.

A horn beeps, interrupting Scarlett's relaxation. The motorcycle slows down to a stop and Scarlett unwraps her arms around Daryl's torso and picks her head up, hopping off the motorcycle. "You out?" Daryl asks, his cheeks a light pink. "Running on fumes." Rick replies and Scarlett frowns, biting her lip and looking around the place. "We can't stay here." Lori whines and Rick looks around at the whole group.

"I know it looks bad, we've all been through hell and worse, but at least we found each other. I wasn't sure-I really wasn't-But we did. We're together. We keep it that way. We'll find shelter somewhere. There's gotta be a place." As some people argue with Rick about that, Scarlett looks at Daryl. "I forgot my gun. Did you happen to grab it?" Daryl glances at Lori before turning towards Scarlett.

"Lori and Beth grabbed some of everyone's stuff." Scarlett nods and the group looks around the road. "We will make camp over there. Get on the road at the break of day." Rick announces, pointing to some ruins. "What if walkers come through, or another group like Randall's?" Carol asks, skeptically.

"You know I found Randall, right? He has turned, but he wasn't bit. How is that possible?" Glenn says and Scarlett looks down at her boots, suddenly taking a liking to them. "Shane killed Randall. Just like he always wanted to. And then the herd got him. We're all infected. At the CDC, Jenner told me. Whatever it is, we all carry it." Rick explained and Scarlett brings her head up, looking at everyone's faces. Pissed. They're pissed.

"And you never said anything?" Glenn asks, anger evident in his eyes. "How could I have known for sure? You saw how crazy that mo-" Rick stops himself from saying anything else as he makes eye contact with Scarlett. She looks heartbroken. "Uh-I'll be right back." She squeaks out, walking towards the woods, tears silently falling down her face as she thinks of her father. He wasn't crazy, he was just determined and for her to find out that the group thought he was crazy after he saved them shows how grateful they are. Scarlett bends downs grabbing some wood for the fire.

Scarlett walks back to the ruins, setting the wood down, not talking or looking at anyone. She continues to stand, looking down at the blooming fire. "We're not safe with him-Keeping something like that from us. Why do you need him? He's just gonna pull you down." Scarlett overhears Carol talking to Daryl. "No. Ricks done all right by me." Daryl replies, a look of disbelief on his face. Scarlett continues to listen to the conversation; anger boiling in her.

"A man of honor." Carol speaks, voice filled with pettiness. Scarlett growls, grabbing a piece of wood and throwing it at the wall behind Carol and Daryl. "Y'all are some ungrateful bitches!" Scarlett exclaims, her eyes narrowed at everyone. No one has ever seen her this angry.

"Rick has done so much for this group and saying he is not a man of honor is quite pathetic! Everyone has had there share of secrets and flaws, trust me I can point out so many of them right now, but I'm not because I've had my own share. If you wanna go, go! No one is stopping you, so go right ahead. Let's see how long you'll live. Y'all judge people when they aren't perfect, but newsflash, this is a broken world, no one can be perfect. Not even yourself. I'm fucking done with this pathetic group." Scarlett raged, her eyes narrowed at everyone. "And for you to say Rick is holding Daryl back. You're wrong. The only person I see holding Daryl back is you." Scarlett snarls at Carol before storming off towards the vehicles.

Scarlett sits in the passenger side of the green vehicle, her body visibly shaking in anger. Her emotions have boiled over to the point where she can't control them right now. Hot, angry tears fall down her face as she looks down at her clenched fists, thinking about what happened ever since this world has went to shit.

A knock on the window brings Scarlett out of her thoughts. She looks up to see Daryl looking at her through the window. Scarlett opens the door, turning her body, her legs sticking out the car. "I've never seen ya' that pissed. Do ya' think i'm an ungrateful bitch?" Daryl mentions and Scarlett shakes her head, looking up at him. "She pushed me. I couldn't just sit there and let imperfect people talk about someone like they haven't done a single bad thing in their own life." Scarlett explains, emotions returning back.

"I killed Otis." She blurts, having to tell someone. Daryl looks in her eyes, his head shaking. "Ya' shot him because he asked. Shut up." Daryl urged and Scarlett frowns. "Can I hug you?" Scarlett asks, her voice barely above a whisper. Daryl freezes, his eyes wide. No one has ever shown him any type of love. Of course Carol has tried. But Daryl would shrug her off, Scarlett is different. He feels different about her.

Scarlett slowly wraps her arms around his torso, her head laying against his chest. "Thank you for always being there." She mumbles, feeling his arms hesitantly wrap against her neck.