22

Scarlett sits down on her bed, staring at the blank wall

Scarlett sits down on her bed, staring at the blank wall. She lets out a small sigh before climbing out of the bed and walking out of the cell. Before she can step onto the steps, a voice calls out to her. "Can't sleep?" She turns around to be met with the sight of Daryl sitting up. She shakes her head, walking towards him. "Nope." She chuckles, sitting down in front of him.

"Why?" Daryl asks, his eyes looking into hers. "So many deaths have happened in the past few days, my mind is flooded with them. I just can't stop thinking about them." She admits, breaking the eye contact and looking down at her hands. "Its—Its like this world is revolved around death. And it sucks." She mumbles, playing with the ring around her ring finger. "Ya' were married?" Daryl asks and Scarlett's head flies up, eyebrows raised.

"No. It was my grandmothers!" She corrects, her lips pursed. "I should go." She murmurs before climbing to her feet. "Goodnight Daryl." She whispers to him, setting the jewelry in his hand before walking away from him.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett stares down at her bowl, her attention elsewhere while the others talk. She pushes the oatmeal around with her plastic spoon, her eyes squinted. "Maggie, Scarlett and I were planning on making a run. Found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula." Glenn speaks out, glancing at Maggie and Scarlett.

"Are you sure? That's three people we will be missing." Rick hesitates and Glenn nods, motioning towards a sleepy looking Scarlett. "She could use it." He mouths and Rick let's out a breath. "Alright."

Scarlett stands beside the car, twirling her knife in her hand, staring at the ground; something the found herself doing a lot. "Don't die." Daryl's voice interrupts her out of her head. She looks up, chuckling. "Can't promise that." She jokes, a glint in her eye. Daryl rolls his eyes, picking up his crossbow. "Whatever." He mumbles before walking off. Scarlett sends a glare his way, sticking her tongue out at his retreating form.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett hops out of the vehicle, landing on her feet. As Maggie and Glenn kiss, Scarlett walks over to the door, banging on it with the handle of her knife. Glenn forced the door open, crows flying out and one smacks Scarlett in the face. "Ah, shit!" She hisses, holding her cheek. Glenn and Maggie hold back a laugh, looking at their friend. "Y'all could've told me to dunk!" She scolds, a pout appearing on her face.

Scarlett rolls her eyes, grabbing a grocery basket. "Get the duck!" Maggie tells her and she turns around, eyebrows raised. "Excuse me?" She asks, confused. Maggie laughs, pointing towards a toy. "Get that duck! The baby needs it." Scarlett smiles before grabbing the duck, setting it in the basket. "There!"

Scarlett grabs random canned foods off of the shelf, throwing it in the basket. She walks towards the baby aisle, throwing baby formula and diapers in the basket.

"We hit the jackpot." She exclaims, smiling at Maggie. She sets the basket down, beside her, waiting for Glenn. "This place has a lot of powdered baby formula." Glenn says, looking between the two. The trio sits there for a couple of minutes, talking about the prison. "It's our home." She mumbles, setting the baskets in the trunk.

"And where is it y'all good people are calling home?" A voice booms and Scarlett jumps around, pulling her gun out of her pants. "Merle?" Glenn breathes out and Scarlett furrows her eyebrows, recognizing the name. But not exactly sure from where. Merle walks forward and Glenn narrows his eyes at him. "Hey, back the hell up!" Glenn booms and Scarlett continues to point her gun at him.

"Jesus. Can you tell me, is my brother alive?" Merle asks and Scarlett falters, lowering her gun. She slowly adds up the clues, Merle Dixon. "Yeah, he is." Scarlett answers, her gun raising back up. "Okay, you take me to him and I'll call it even on everything that happened in Atlanta." Merle suggests, looking at Glenn. Scarlett trails her eyes over to Merle's missing hand, suddenly feeling bad. "You like that?" Merle asks Scarlett, realizing she is staring at his missing hand.

She nods, looking back up to his eyes. "Well, I found myself a medical supply warehouse. Fixed it up myself. Pretty cool, huh?" Glenn shakes his head, changing the subject. "We'll tell Daryl you're here and he'll come out meet you."

Merle throws a fit, not agreeing with those terms. "Come on, now. You can trust me." Merle soothes and Scarlett hesitates, shaking her head. "You trust us, stay here!" Scarlett demands, her eyes narrowing at the man. Before we know it, Merle lunges at Maggie, pointing a gun to her head. "Hey!" Scarlett shouts, going to lunges towards them but Merle shakes his head, clicking his gun. "I would do that, little lady." Scarlett clenches her jaw, looking towards Maggie. Looking into her eyes, Maggie pleads with Scarlett not to do anything.

"Put it in the car." Merle demands, motioning towards the weapons. Letting out a sigh, Scarlett sets the knife and gun in the trunk, raising her hands. "There you go, now we're going to go for a little drive." Merle chuckles, raising himself and Maggie to their feet. "We're not going back to our camp." Glenn growls, his own eyes narrowing at the man.

Merle shakes his head, disagreeing. "No, we're going somewhere else. Glenn you're driving." Merle shoves Maggie in the car before harshly grabbing Scarlett and shoving her in the car. Glenn reluctantly gets in the drivers seat, a gun to his head.