69

A man steps out of the RV, a grin on his face

A man steps out of the RV, a grin on his face. A black leather jacket is zipped tightly around his torso. Tucked into the jacket is an red scarf, keeping the man's neck warm from the weather. Light brown pants hand loosely on his hips, though a belt is wrapped through the loops of the pants. The man sports a beard full of gray hairs mixed with black. His striking hazel eyes stare into the souls of the frightened group in front of him. Sitting comfortably on his shoulder is a wooden bat wrapped with barbwire.

"Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close." He taunts, flashing his shiny white teeth at the group. Sauntering forward he looks around, nodding. "Yep, it's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon. Which one of you pricks is the leader?" The leader asks, pointing around at the group, a look of curiosity on his face. "It's this one. He's the guy." One of the Saviors mentions, pointing at the back of Rick's head.

Scarlett clenches her jaw, sending a nasty glare his way. Restraining herself from jumping up and punching the bastard, she turns back towards the leader. "Hi. You're Rick, right? I'm Negan. And I do not appreciate you killing my men." The man, now known as Negan, introduces himself, standing directly in front of Rick. "Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool." Negan tells Rick, shaking his head.

"Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You're so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes." Negan chuckles, rubbing his chin. "You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple. So, even if you're stupid, which you very may well be, you can understand it." Digging her nails into the ground filled with dirt, Scarlett bites her lip, sweat dripping down her face. "You ready? Here it goes. Pay attention."

"Give me your shit or I will kill you. Today was career day. We invested a lot so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me.
That's your job." Negan declares, walking down the line, Scarlett stares up at him, her fear hidden behind her eyes. "Now, I know that is a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly will. You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it."

Reaching up and tucking a fallen strand of hair behind her ear, she lowers her trembling hand, setting it on her thighs. "But the word is out.
You are not safe. Not even close." Negan laughs, his grin stretching across his face. Rolling her eyes, she tries to settle her racing thoughts, trying to clear her mind.

"In fact, you are pegged, more pegged if you don't do what I want. And what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much, you can make, find, or steal more, and it'll even out sooner or later." Negan swings the bat down, walking back down towards Rick. "This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. So, if someone knocks on your door, you let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us and we will knock it down." Scarlett runs her tongue over her bottom lip, lowering her eyes down to the ground.

"You understand? What, no answer? You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, now, did you? I don't want to kill you people. Just want to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you?" Negan says, his tone becoming more angry.

"I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole damn lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So, now I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you." Tears begin to form in Scarlett's eyes as she snaps her head up, looking around at her group. Her throat beginning to tighten up at the thought.

Her knees dig into the ground, hurting her, but she ignores it, trying to blink the tears away. Footsteps stop a couple inches away from her and she looks up, her teary eyes narrowing at Negan as he stares down at Maggie. "Jesus! You look shitty. I should just put you out of your misery right now." He says, being the bat up. Glenn cries out, leaping forward at Negan, but Dwight tackles him, knocking Glenn to the ground.

Aiming the crossbow at Glenn, a scowl appears on Scarlett's face. "Nope, nope. Get him back in line." Negan demands, rubbing his nose and shaking his head. Dwight drags Glenn back into the line and Scarlett's breathing quickens.

"All right, listen. Don't any of you do that again.
I will shut that shit down, no exceptions. First one's free. It's an emotional moment, I get it." Scarlett shakes her head, sitting up higher on her knees. No, you don't get it, moron. She thinks to herself.

Walking towards Carl and pointing at him, he chuckles, loudly. "This is your kid, right?" Negan laughs, staring at Carl for a few seconds before turning towards Rick. "This is definitely your kid." Negan concludes, standing in front of Rick. "Just stop this!" Rick yells, his voice breaking.

"Hey! Do not make me kill the little future serial killer. Don't make it easy on me." Negan begins to walk down the line, staring at everyone. "I gotta pick somebody. Everybody's at the table, waiting on me to order." Negan begins to whistle, thinking about who to bash.

"I simply cannot decide-I got an idea." Scarlett turns her head to the side, her eyes meeting Daryl's.