11

With a plate in her hand, Scarlett sits down on the ground

With a plate in her hand, Scarlett sits down on the ground. It's been a couple of days since Scarlett had told Andrea off and quite frankly, Scarlett wishes she would've punched Andrea. Andrea could've killed Daryl, could've killed anyone with her bad aim and snarky attitude.

Scarlett clutches the plate, her eyes fixed on the  ground. "Guys there are walkers in the barn." Scarlett loosens her grip, looking up at Glenn with wide eyes. "Excuse me?" Scarlett says, standing to her feet and setting the plate behind. Shane starts walking over to the barn and everyone follows behind him, worry on their faces.

The group stands in front of the barn, moans and growls coming out of it. "You can not tell me you're alright with this." Shane says, turning around to look at Rick. "No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick insists and Scarlett stands near Daryl, her thumb near her mouth. "No need to be nervous." Daryl mutters to her, grabbing her wrist and pulling it down.

Scarlett's cheeks turn red from embarrassment and she focused on the conversation between Rick and Shane. "Now we have been talking about Fort Benning for a long time." Shane brings up and Scarlett rolls her eyes.

"We can't go!" Rick dismisses the idea and Shane glares at him. "Why, Rick, why?" Shane asks, walking closer to Rick. "Because my daughter is still out there!" Carol speaks up and Shane looks over at her, rubbing his forehead.

"Okay, Okay. I think it's time we all start to consider the other possibility." Shane says and Scarlett and Daryl walk forward glaring at the man. "I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Scarlett nods, agreeing with Daryl. "Daryl and I have been working our asses off to find this girl and y'all are just going to give up?" Scarlett asks, her tone full of emotion. "You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did, you found a doll. And Scarlett, you haven't even found nothing, so shut your mouth up."

"Ya' don't know what the hell yer' talking about!" Daryl shouts, pointing at Shane. "I'm just saying what needs to be said." Shane shouts back.

"Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction." Shane taunts Daryl and Daryl lunges at Shane, only to be held back by Scarlett and Rick. "Daryl. Don't let him get to you, he doesn't understand. Last time I checked he wasn't the one out there looking for her day in and day out." Scarlett whispers to him, holding onto his forearm.

Daryl looks at her for a couple of seconds before she let's go of his arm, walking off away from the commotion. Scarlett walks into the RV, grabbing her gun and putting it in the back of her pants. "Where are you going?" Dale asks, walking up behind Scarlett. "I'm going out to look for Sophia, don't worry about me."

"I know what happened that night at the high school." Scarlett freezes before slowly turning around, her face pale. "W—What? Nothing happened.." Scarlett lies, avoiding eye contact with him. "Shane killed Otis." Dale says and Scarlett shakes her head, tears filling her eyes.

"He didn't, I did." She whispers, voice breaking. Dale raises his eyebrows, worried look on his face. "Shane shot Otis in the leg, to leave him for walker bait. I couldn't just leave him to die right there and I ran over to help him, but Shane pushed me away and grabbed the backpack. Otis asked me to s-shoot him and I did. I'm a murderer!" Scarlett sobs, her hands on the table in front of her.

"Scarlett, it's not your fault. You helped him, he asked you to kill him." Dale says, his voice shaking. Scarlett raises her head, looking at him. "See, even you're scared of me." She cries before wiping her tears away and gently pushing him out the way and walking out of the RV.

Scarlett walks to the woods, eyes set on the trees. "Scarlett!" Someone calls and she ignores them, continuing to walk towards the trees. The person must've given up calling for her because she doesn't these nothing else, except distant groans. Her boots makes prints in the dirt trail, her eyes trained on everything around her. "Sophia!" Her voice calls out echoing through the trees.

Back at the farm, Daryl picks up a saddle, grunting. Carol walks up behind him, arms crossed. "Rick's going out later to follow the trail." She says, following behind Daryl. "Yeah well, I ain't gonna sit around and do nothing." He says, slamming the saddle down on a holder.

"No you're gonna go out there and get yourself hurt even worse." Carol pleads her case. "We don't know if we're gonna find her, Daryl. We don't. I don't." Carol whispers and Daryl turns around, narrowing his eyes at her. "What?" He growls and Carol looks up at him, tears in her eyes. "Can't lose you too."

Daryl let's out a groan once pain shoots through his side. "Are you all right?" Carol asks, uncrossing her arms. "Just leave me be, stupid bitch." Daryl mutters before walking out of the stalls, leaving Carol alone.

After a couple of hours searching, Scarlett walks to the farm, fabric in her hand. She walks over to Shane, who is handing out guns. "Do you still want to give up on that little girl?" Scarlett shouts, shoving Shane. "I found a piece of her shirt on the trail. We're are so fucking close to finding her." Scarlett growls, shoving the fabric in his hands. Before she can do anything else, Daryl grabs her arm, pulling her towards him. "Hey. Remember what ya' told me earlier." He says and Scarlett slowly nods, glare still set on Shane.

"Oh shit." T-Dog mutters and Scarlett looks over to where he is looking, pulling her arm out of Daryl's grasp. Shane runs towards Rick and Hershel. "These things ain't sick. They're not people. They're dead. Ain't gonna feel nothing for them. Because all they do, they kill. These things right here, they're the things that killed Amy. They killed Otis. They're gonna kill all of us."

They killed Otis.
They killed Otis.
They killed Otis.
They killed Otis.
They killed Otis.
They killed Otis.

The sentence plays in her head like a record on repeat, her eyes darting everywhere, trying to figure out what the hell is going on. "Scarlett, Scarlett!" Maggie says, shaking Scarlett.

Scarlett snaps back into reality, her hands shaking. "Are you okay?" Maggie asks, hands still on Scarlett's shoulders. "I—I'm fine." Scarlett stutters, turning her attention back to Shane. "Enough risking our lives for a little girl who's gone! Enough living next to a barn full of things trying to kill us. Enough. Rick it ain't like it was before. Now if y'all want to live, if you want to survive, you got to fight for it. I'm talking about fighting right here, right now." Shane shouts, running towards the barn doors.

"Shane, no!" Scarlett screams, running up behind him. But it's too late, the walkers are pouring out. Scarlett curses before pulling her gun out and aiming it towards the walkers, shooting them one by one, until they're all gone, at least that's what they think.

One more walker emerges from the barn, a familiar face. Scarlett freezes, her eyes filling with tears. "Sophia?" She whispers, looking back to see Daryl holding Carol back while looking at Scarlett.

Scarlett looks at Sophia, sorrow in her eyes. Scarlett raises her gun, pointing it at the girl. "I'm sorry." She whispers before pulling the trigger.