60

Everyone feels guilty at least once in your life, and if you haven't, you're probably not human

Everyone feels guilty at least once in your life, and if you haven't, you're probably not human. In this new world, you do so much shit, you constantly feel guilty. Constantly have that voice in your mind telling you you're a bad person. As Scarlett sits on Daryl's lap, all she can think about is all the people she has killed or the people she has left behind because she was scared for her family and herself.

Staring out the window that is decorated in dirt and grime, Scarlett silently listens to the music on the radio, nodding her head to the beat. "Hey, look at that." Daryl points out a barn, causing Scarlett to perk up as she looks at it. As they pull into the property of the barn, Scarlett hears thudding. "What the fuck?" She utters to herself, tilting her head up. "You hear that?" Rick asks, turning towards the pair.

Daryl turns the radio down, the sound of the music disappearing. The thuds continue and Daryl points at the roof. "I think that son of a bitch is on the roof!" He exclaims, his eyes wide. Scarlett lowers her head, licking her lips.

"Hold on." Rick mumbles and speeds up before hitting the brakes, causing Jesus to fly off the roof. He climbs to his feet and stares at them before swirling around and running off. Rick presses down on the gas and speeds off after him. Daryl picks Scarlett off of him and sets her aside, throwing open the door and sliding out. "What the fuck, Daryl!" Scarlett yells at him, watching as he runs after Jesus.

Pulling the door close, Scarlett clutches the seat, her eyes wide. Her eyes land on walkers connected to a truck. "Rick, park it! There's walkers." She demands him, jumping out as soon Rick stops the truck. Sliding her knife out, she rushes forward, shoving the knife up a walker's neck. Gritting her teeth, she forcefully pulls the knife out of its body before swinging around and plunging the knife into another walker's temple.

Checking on Daryl, her heart begins to race as she sees Jesus pointing a gun at him. "No-" She whispers, running forward but stops once a gunshot sounds and a walker falls to the ground. Pressing her lips together in a line, she looks back at Rick, meeting his eyes. "What?" She asks and Rick chuckles, shaking his head.

Turning back around, she clenches her jaw as she watches the truck sink into the lake. Grabbing Daryl's arm, she gently pulls him up. "You alright?" Rick asks, walking up behind them. "Yeah." Daryl mumbles, wiping his jeans off. Scarlett moves over towards Jesus, bending down in front of him.

"Let's go check them cars, get the hell out of here." Daryl tells them, beginning to walk towards the cars. "Daryl, we can't leave him here." Scarlett speaks up, turning to look at him. Daryl abruptly stops, spinning around. "The hell we can." Scarlett rolls her eyes, standing up straight and crossing her arms over her chest. "Fine. Lets put him up in a tree." Scarlett continues to stare at him, not budging.

"We are not takin' him back." Daryl refuses, looking at Rick and Scarlett. "He doesn't have to stay there. Just until he wakes up. We can guard him." She tries to convince him and he sighs, running a hand over his face. "Whatever." He mutters and Scarlett uncrosses her arms, grabbing Jesus's ankles.

Daryl and Rick stare at her in amusement at they watch her try to drag Jesus's unconscious body. "Aw, come on guys! Help me." She groans, dropping his legs. Daryl rolls his eyes, a smile on his face. Walking forward, Rick and Daryl haul Jesus up, walking towards the cars with ease.

"Show offs!"

♢ ♢ ♢

Lighting flashes across the black sky, brightening up Scarlett's face. Thunder cracks loudly, causing the girl to flinch slightly but calm down at she listens to the rain patter against the window. Feeling the couch dip down beside her, she looks away from the window, settling down on her knees.

"He's secured?" She quietly asks, picking up the cold glass of water and taking a sip. Daryl nods, propping his feet up on the coffee table. "Ya' gave him yer' pocket knife?" Daryl questions, holding the small black knife up. Scarlett chews on her bottom lip, swiftly taking the knife away from him. "Only so he could protect himself." She utters, tucking the knife in her jeans pocket.

"That could've backfired." He replies, rolling his eyes. Scarlett prevents herself from rolling her eyes back at him and she clenches her jaw. "It didn't though." She says through a clenched jaw. Pushing herself up from the brown couch, she grabs the glass, walking towards the kitchen. Setting the glass in the sink, she quietly walks back into the living room, sitting herself back down next to Daryl.

"You have to take risks nowadays and that's what I did, Daryl." Scarlett tells him, her eyes staring at a sleeping Jesus. "It's stupid to take risks. Ya' could die." Scarlett bites her lip before looking him directly in the eye.

"Yeah-You're right. My biggest risk was loving you and love can kill you. But, like I said, I'm a risk taker."