46

Sitting on the road, tiredly

Sitting on the road, tiredly. Scarlett gulps, hating the dry feeling in her mouth. The group has lost two people that meant so much to them and they aren't feeling so hot. They ran out of water yesterday and haven't been very lucky. Her and Daryl have barely spoken more than two words, both too tired and upset to speak.

Scarlett watches as Sasha, Maggie and Daryl emerge from the woods, nothing in hand. Letting out a groan, she leans her head back against the car, closing her eyes. Snapping open her eyes, she climbs to her feet, everybody following after her. "Best get going." She utters, before opening the door for everybody. After everyone is situated in, Scarlett climbs in, noticing the last spot it by Daryl.

Squeezing in, she leans more against the door than him because of the heat. As the car begins move, Scarlett leans her head against the window, wincing as her forehead bumps against the window.

The car slows to a stop and Scarlett frowns, picking her head up off the window. "We're out, just like the other one." Abraham announces and Scarlett lets out a sigh. "So, we walk." Rick says and Scarlett throws open the door, grabbing her bag and jumping out, beginning to walk. Alongside her is Daryl, as he watches ahead.

"Y'know, books always gave me a false sense of hope. Hope about schools, relationships, life basically. But lately, it's been giving me hope about maybe this world will end up okay. That in the end everything will be okay, but it's not going to be okay. Nothing is okay anymore." Scarlett speaks up finally, surprising Daryl. As he takes in what she is saying, he agrees. Nothing is okay in this world anymore, this world is full of death and sadness.

As Daryl goes to say something, he stops. He has to distance himself, he can't lose her like he lost Beth. He loved Beth as a sister but with Scarlett, it's a different type of love. "I'm gonna head out, see what I can find." Daryl tells her and she nods, already knowing he needs to be alone, but apparently Carol doesn't understand that. "I'll go with you." Carol says, walking after him, causing Daryl to stop. "I got it." He grunts and begins to walk again. "You gonna stop me?"

Scarlett rolls her eyes, the jealousy returning.

♢ ♢ ♢

Standing in between Maggie and Abraham, Scarlett stands ready, waiting for the walkers to head their way. As one stumbles her way, she moves, pushing it into the ditch. Stumbling in her feet, she awaits for another one, doing the same thing. Sasha walks forward, holding a walker back before talking her knife and stabbing it through the eye.

Groaning, Scarlett pulls out her knife, holding it tightly in her hand. She was never one to back out of a fight and she won't now just because she's tired.

"Stay in line. Flank her. Keep it controlled." Rick demands, pulling his machete out. Scarlett rushes forward, shoving her knife into the forehead of a rotting corpse. "Plan just got dicked." Abraham mutters and Scarlett chuckles, glancing back at him. "Ain't that the truth." She replies before kicking a walker back, causing it to fall. Standing over it, just plunges her knife into its eye,

Running after Sasha, Scarlett stabs a walker up the neck, blood pouring out. As she goes to kill another walker, one grabs her arm, nearing it towards its mouth. As she raises her knife to stab it, Daryl grabs its head, pulling it away from her, saving her once again.

Sending a nod his way, Scarlett stabs a walker in the back of its head. Looking around, she notices all the walkers are dead and she stumbles back, catching her balance.

As the group continues to walk, Carl looks ahead. "Dad, look!" He exclaims, pointing towards three cars. "I'm gonna head into the woods, circle back." Daryl tells everyone, staring at the cars.

"May I come with?" Carol asks and Daryl shakes his head, his brown hair flying in his face. "No, just me." He grunts and Scarlett stares as he leaves and Scarlett walks towards a car, wiping the window off. A hand bangs against the glass and Scarlett jumps back, startled. Slowly opening the door, the walker falls out. Bending over, Scarlett shoves her knife into its skull before pulling the rest of its body out and onto the road.

Scavenging around the car, she finds an empty canister, throwing it down on the road in rage. "I'll be back." She announces before walking in the woods, a frown on her face.

No food, no water, no nothing. This is the lowest they've been in awhile, it truly sucks. Sitting down on the dirty ground, traces letters in the ground, occupying herself.

After doing that for about a half an hour, she stands to her feet, stretching. Walking back to the road. She notices the small fire and saunters over, sitting next to Daryl. He hums something before handing her a piece of meat. "Where'd you get this?" She asks, an eyebrow raised. "Dogs." He mumbles and her eyes widen, an unsure look on her face.

"Would ya' rather die?" He asks her and she huffs before taking a bite out of the meat, savoring the taste. "Taste like chicken." She utters, chuckling. "Exactly." Daryl states, his mouth full of food.

After finishing up the food, the group begins to walk on the road again. Taking rear, Scarlett trails behind the group, exhausted and tired.

"Tell 'em I went looking for water." Daryl tells Abraham before walking off into the woods. Scarlett chews on her bottom lip, wondering if she should go after him. He's trying to act strong and Scarlett can see through his act, if that was her, she'd need someone.

Letting out a small sigh, "I'll be back." She tells Abraham before quietly walking off in the direction Daryl went.

After awhile, she quietly swats a stem out of her way, spotting a barn. She hears sniffling and she looks around, noticing Daryl sitting on the ground against a tree. "Daryl?" She calls out softly, walking towards him. Crouching down in front of him, he looks down, trying to hide the tears in his eyes. "Are you okay?" She asks, tilting her head to the side.

"I'm fine." He grunts and Scarlett shakes her head, lifting his head up with her hand. "I know you're not fine." She mumbles before pulling him into a hug, her arms wrapping around his neck. "I'm not stupid and I can see through you're act. You don't have to act strong around me. Everyone has their breaking point and everyone needs someone their for them. I'm here for you." She whispers in his ear, feeling his loosen up and tears fall onto her shoulder.

They stay like that until Daryl is done, as she pulls away, his arms wrap around her torso, pulling her back. She lifts her head, looking him into the eyes.

Slowly they both lean in and their lips finally touch.

THEY KISSED GUYYYYYYSSSSSS(: