35

WARNING: mentions of rape, rape.

Scarlett leans her head back against the seat, her eyes closed but she's still awake

Scarlett leans her head back against the seat, her eyes closed but she's still awake. They've been on the road for a couple of hours and she's starting to feel car sick, something that always used to happen before the outbreak because she would always read.

Nowadays she never has time for reading, it kills her. She wants to escape again like she did at the farm, she wants to escape from this horrible reality. She slowly drifts off to sleep, her mind taking her to a dark place.

Scarlett walks into the room to be met by Daryl and-the Governor? "Daryl?" Her quiet voice speaks up, her eyes trailing over his bloody face. "What'd you do to him?" Scarlett yells, her voice echoing off the walls. Walking up to the governor she pushes him back, her face red in anger.

A smirk appears on the Governor face and before Scarlett could retreat, he grabs her wrists, pushing her up against the wall. "Don't worry, it will all be over soon." He mutters into her ear, nibbling it. Scarlett's breath hitches, staring into Daryl's blue eyes. She lets out a cry, tears burning in her eyes. Scarlett struggles against the governor, pulling her arms, but nothing works.

The governor pulls down his pants and his hands travel down to hers. "If you fight, I won't hesitate to kill him." The governor growls, his nails digging into her hips. She whimpers, slowly nodding. As he pulls down her pants she closes her eyes, trying to escape from this cruel reality.

Scarlett jolts awake, her eyes wide. "Scarlett?" Daryl speaks up, looking towards the startled girl. Scarlett runs a hand through her hair, her fingers getting stuck. "Yeah?" She clears her throat, turning her head and looking at him.

Daryl goes to say something, but shakes his head. "We're here." He grunts before getting out of the van, Scarlett quickly following behind. Scarlett looks around, walking up to Rick. "Where is everyone?" She asks, curiously. Rick looks away from Carl. "Sasha, Glenn, Maggie and Hershel are helping the sick people." Scarlett nods, realizing he didn't mention Carol.

"And Carol?" Rick licks his bottom lip, looking Scarlett into her eyes. "She killed Karen and David. I sent her on her way with supplies and gas, she'll make it." Scarlett furrows her eyebrows before frowning. "Alright." She mumbles, walking away from the man and towards the cell blocks. Opening the door, she walks in, trudging up the rusted metal stairs.

She sits down on the bunk, her eyes drooping closed before snapping back open. She slides her sneakers off, standing to her feet and stretching her arms, staring at the books.

Taking one in her hand, she traces the cover of the book, the texture soothing her. "I didn't know ya' still read." Daryl's voice speaks up, causing Scarlett to jump around, her book raised. "Why do you always sneak up on me?" She asks, her voice quiet. A smirk makes his way on his face and Scarlett looks up with him, her blue eyes dull.

"What do you need?" She asks, settling down on her bunk, crossing her legs. Daryl shrugs his shoulders, leaning against the walls, his arms crossed. Scarlett stares at his biceps for a few seconds before looking down at her book, a blush appearing on her face. "So I know you didn't just come here to talk to me." Scarlett jokes, an eyebrow raised up at him.

"So, what do you need?" She repeats, looking up at him once again. Daryl shakes his head and Scarlett narrows her eyes, head tilting. "Bullshit." She scowls, nodding her head towards the spot next to her. "You came here for a reason, now what is it?" She asks as Daryl sits down next to her, leaning back against the wall. Scarlett turns towards him. "The van-What happened?" Daryl asks and Scarlett chews on her bottom lip, shrugging her shoulders. "I didn't realize where we were." She lies.

"Now I call bullshit." He mumbles and a smile finds its way on Scarlett's face. "Do I have to talk about it?" She asks, a huff escaping her lips. Daryl sends her a look and she sighs, rolling her eyes. "I had a nightmare. No big deal." She replies, her eyes darting everywhere, avoiding eye contact. "No big deal? I saw the look on yer' face."

Scarlett throws her head back, letting out a groan. "You were there, the G-Governor was there. He had done something to you, I'm not exactly sure what, but your face was all bloodied up. The Governor forced himself on me once again. I-I can't seem to get that image out of my mind, Daryl." She explains, tears threatening to spill. "That man, he ruined my life. He ruined everyone's life. He could still be out there, planning-planning to kill us at anytime and we're just sitting here doing nothing." Scarlett hisses, anger evident in her tone. She glares down at her hands, not wanting to meet Daryl's eyes.

Daryl stays silent, not knowing what to say. Scarlett raises her head, meeting his eyes. The two stare at each other for a few minutes, their hearts racing. Thoughts race through Daryl's mind as he stares into her crystal blue eyes. He doesn't know what this feeling is inside his body but she's making it worse. She's making his heart face and his palms sweaty.

The badass, mysterious guy is falling in love.