29

Scarlett lets out a low whistle, the walkers walking towards her

Scarlett lets out a low whistle, the walkers walking towards her. She stabs the pole through a walker's eye, blood splattering over the pole. Michonne lays out the traps before hopping back in the truck. Rick walks up to Scarlett, looking at the commotion. "If they try to drive up to the gate again, maybe some blown tires will stop them." Scarlett explains, noticing his confused face. She shoves the pole through the fence, making another walker crumble to the ground. "That's a good idea."

Scarlett nods, agreeing. Looking back at him. "It was Michonne's." She mumbles before setting the pole down, walking into the courtyard.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett walks beside Michonne, her knife in hand and Merle following behind. "So, where is it?" Michonne asks, her voice bouncing off the walls. "Around the corner." Merle gruffly answers and Scarlett lets out a low sigh, her eyes trained for walkers. "We got to clear some walkers, then get the others down to barricade it." He explains and a frown appears on Scarlett's lips. "A breach like this could be an open invitation for the governor." Scarlett mutters, glancing towards Michonne. Something doesn't feel right, and she hates that feeling. Before she could question Merle she feels a stinging pain in her temple and everything turns black.

Scarlett blinks, a blank look on her face. "The governor made Rick an offer. Turn ya' two over and we all give peace a chance." Scarlett scoffs, glancing back at the older Dixon. "Well, I doubt your lil' brother would have agreed with that." She tells him, looking towards Michonne.

"He was sure debatin' it along with Mr. Rick Grimes." Scarlett clenches her jaw, her eyes narrowing. She has done so much for this group and they were seriously debating giving her away? She turns her head, looking down at her sneakers, biting her cheek. They literally just had a moment the other day and he was thinking about sending her away? She feels Merle push her forward and she rolls her eyes, almost tripping over her own feet.

Merle wraps a cord around both Michonne's and Scarlett hands before walking towards a car. "I understand why they would give me away, but you? It doesn't make sense." Michonne mumbles, looking at her. Scarlett takes a deep breath, shaking her head. "If they would've asked me and told me the situation, maybe. I would've done anything for that group, even put myself in danger." Scarlett confesses, taking her bottom lip in-between her teeth.

"We will fight the governor together. He is nothing compared to us." A small smile appears on Scarlett's chapped lips at Michonne's words. A car horn fills the air and Scarlett swivels her head around, glaring at the car. "Turn it off!" She snarls over the horn. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees a herd of walkers heading their way. "Michonne." She alerts, nodding her head in their direction. They both start struggling to get the cord off.

Scarlett looks behind her, watching as a walker emerges from the apartment. The two girls swing around, kicking the walker down. Michonne lets out a huff as she stomps the walkers head in. The car alarm cuts off and the car revs to life and Merle rushes over, grabbing their elbows and pulling them towards the car. He pushes Scarlett in the backseat and Michonne in the front, slamming the doors shut before running over to the drivers side, hopping in.

Scarlett looks out the window, her forehead bumping against it. Her mind is filled with thoughts of what the governor might do to her and it's frightening. She's not ready mentally, maybe not even physically. The car comes to a halting stop and Scarlett bites her lip, looking forward to see a long road ahead of them. "Get out." Merle tells them, cutting the cord from around their wrists. The two girls climb out of the car and Merle hands them their weapons. "I got to do something." Merle mutters before slamming the passenger door shut and driving off. The two girls look at each other before beginning their journey home.

Scarlett's sneakers crunch against the road and she recognizes the house before them. Unsheathing her knife, she walks towards a walker, forcing the knife inside its decaying head. "Where's my brother?" A gruff voice speaks up and Scarlett jumps, turning around, knife aimed. "I don't know." She utters, staring into the familiar blue eyes. She quickly looks away, the intensity of his blue eyes intimidating her. "Don't let anyone come after me." He murmurs before walking off the direction they came from. Scarlett lets out a low sigh, looking towards Michonne. "Go after him." Michonne advises her and Scarlett frowns before running after Daryl, her footsteps light.

"I thought I told y'all not to follow after me." Daryl grunts and Scarlett shrugs her shoulders, walking beside him. "Was I ever the person to listen to rules?" She asks, her voice low. Kicking a rock, she raises her eyes from the ground. "Y'all were debating giving me away?" She questions and raises her hand to her mouth, feeling betrayed.

"If y'all would've asked me, maybe-maybe I would've said yes. But y'all were going to lie to me and just, take me there." She whispers to him, her hand dropping to her side. Daryl shakes his head, turning to look at the female. "I wasn't goin' to do nothing. Don't blame this damn mess on me, woman." He growls and Scarlett frowns, rolling her eyes. "I'm not blaming it on you. I'm saying you could've told me!" Scarlett looks around, recognizing the building. The building Rick and the governor met up. Her eyes look around the property, bodies scattered everywhere. A walker nearby feasts on a dead body and Scarlett immediately recognizes the walker.

Her lips part, slowly watching at the walker raises his head. Merle's cold, dead eyes bare into hers and her dark brown eyebrows raise slightly. She looks over to Daryl, her heart racing. Her heart breaks at the sight of him and she feels her lip tremble. Merle stumbles towards Daryl, knocking him down. She moves to help him but Daryl looks up at her, shaking his head. He pulls an arrow out and hesitate before sticking the arrow through his brothers eye. Pushing the corpse off of him, he sits up.

Scarlett holds her hand out, looking down at the man. Daryl stares at her hand for a couple of seconds before grabbing it, pulling himself up. She grips his hand tightly, their blue eyes meeting. "I'm not going to tell you that it's okay or it's going to be alright, because it's not. This world is full of death and we have to accept it. But I will tell you that your brother was quite fond of you and he wasn't disappointed in you." Scarlett comforts him before dropping his hand, walking back in the direction of the prison. "If you need to, you can stay here. I'll head back, come whenever you feel alright." She calls over her shoulder, her sneakers skidding across the road.