51

Pushing through a limb, Scarlett huffs, glaring at the limb which had punctured her finger

Pushing through a limb, Scarlett huffs, glaring at the limb which had punctured her finger. Mumbling some insults she walks up to a house she found, knocking on the door. Nothing sounds inside so she opens the creaky door, grimacing at the sound.

Rummaging through the cupboards she watches as dust flies up into the air from the cans and shelves. As she pushes the door closes, a creak in the floorboard sounds behind her and she swings around, meeting the familiar blue eyes. "What?" She asks him, crossing her arms. "What are ya' doing?" He asks, his eyes narrowing. Scarlett rolls her eyes turning back around. "Trying to get away from your stubborn ass." She informs him, pulling a can down and examining it. Setting it down on the counter, she reaches up to the top shelf, trying to grab a bag.

Groaning, she turns towards Daryl. "Why did you follow me?" She asks, raising an eyebrow and leaning back against the counter. Daryl shrugs Scarlett tilts her head to the side. "The guy that I was speaking to was the guy that emotionally abused me, Daryl. I tried walking away but he pulled me to his chest, asking me to forgive him. I couldn't. I can't put myself through that again." She explains, watching as Daryl's eyes soften.

He'll admit, he got jealous watching her all up on Spencer. Believe it or not, he wants her all up on him, he can't accept her being with anyone other than him.

"I'm out here 'cause ya' can't just leave by yourself at night." He grunts and Scarlett shrugs, staring at him, her eyes filled with emotion. "I don't care if I die. I got nothing else to live for." She tells him, walking forward. "Don't say that." He utters and Scarlett rolls her eyes, throwing her arms up in exasperation. "No one would care if I die. I'm worthless, just like Spen-" Daryl pushes her up against the counter, his lips against hers.

This kiss isn't like their first one. This one is full of anger, passion, and heart.

Running her hands through his hair, Scarlett kisses back, hungrily, her heart racing. Daryl picks her up, setting her on the counter and she wrap her legs around his waist, pulling him closer. As they pull away, Scarlett looks into his eyes, her cheeks red. "Fuck him. His words are bullshit." Daryl tells her and she nods, pecking his lips. "You have me messed up." She whispers in his ear before pulling away from him.

♢ ♢ ♢

Lifting her head off Daryl's chest, Scarlett cracks open her eyes, looking around at the unfamiliar territory. Realization dawns on her and she purses her lips, sitting up and turning towards Daryl who is wide awake. "Do you ever sleep?" She asks, climbing off of the comfortable bed and standing to her feet. Stretching, she feels her shirt rise up and she throws her arms down. letting out a yawn.

Daryl shakes his head at her question, getting off the bed. "Can't sleep with ya' have to watch out constantly." Scarlett bites her lip, feeling guilty. She slept when she could've been on lookout. "Shit, sorry. Why didn't you wake me up?" She asks, her eyebrows scrunching and her lips parting.

"Ya' looked-Uh-comfortable sleeping?" Daryl replies, the answer coming out more as a question. Scarlett laughs, rolling her eyes. "Let's go dork." She says, grabbing his hand and pulling him up. He grabs his crossbow and Scarlett lets her hand drop from his calloused hands and opens the bedroom door, peeking out before fully stepping out. Walking towards the front door, she opens it, darting her eyes around for any danger.

Once she realizes it's safe, she steps out, Daryl following her. "Rick is probably going to be pissed." She tells Daryl, walking through the same limb that smacked her.

"I don't care." Daryl shrugs, walking in front of Scarlett. She licks her lips, following behind him. "I'm going to take the doctor job." Scarlett utters, holding her hand out as limbs smack her palm. "Why?"

"Well for one, if this place doesn't turn out how we want it to be, we'll need someone who knows stuff about medical and all that shit. Two, it will help me keep my mind off stuff." She shrugs, looking forward, her eyes trained on the gates coming closer.

Knocking on the metal part, she listens as the gate slides open, a loud screech following it. Scarlett presses her lips in a line as she walks in. Scarlett raises her eyebrows at his nose and he glares at her. "Your boyfriend punched me, thanks a lot." He whines and the duo don't even try to correct him.

Shrugging her shoulders at the whiny man, Scarlett begins to walk off towards the direction of their house, in need of a good bath.