18

Her knife ready, Rick opens the door to the courtyard and the small group runs in

Her knife ready, Rick opens the door to the courtyard and the small group runs in. Scarlett grabs a walkers head, before stabbing it. She continues to kill them, walkers' bodies crumbling left and right. A walker sneaks up behind Scarlett as she is plunging her knife into the skull of another. As the walker bends down to take a hunk, Daryl turns his head just in time. He pulls the trigger of his crossbow, the arrow shooting the walker in the skull. Scarlett turns around, eyes wide.

Snapping back into reality, she grabs his arrow and runs up to him. "Thank you." She mumbles before handing the arrow off to him and running away to kill more of the walkers. Once all of the walkers in the first courtyard is empty, they make their way to second courtyard, pressing their backs against a wall. Two walkers walk out from behind a vehicle and two others sneak up on Maggie and Scarlett. The two women look at each other before smirking and kicking the two back, knocking them down.

Rick and Daryl work on closing the gate while the other four struggle to find a way to kill the walkers with helmets. Scarlett stabs a walker in under the neck, killing it instantly. The others quickly do the same, filling the courtyard with bodies. "Looks secure." Glenn says, looking around the property. "Nothing will lead to that courtyard over there-" Daryl pauses, pointing at a body. "And that's a civilian." Scarlett raises her eyebrows.

"So the interior could be overrun by walkers from outside the prison." T-Dog mentions and Glenn throws his arms up. "Well, if there's walls, then, what are we gonna do? We can't rebuild this whole place." Glenn declares and Rick looks towards the prison. "We can't risk a blind spark. We have to push in." Rick commanded and the small group walks towards the door of the prison, weapons aimed high.

As Daryl throws open the door, the group of six gets prepared to fight but nothing comes at them. They walk into an empty cell block, looking around for any alive walkers. Rick hesitantly walks up to true guard, gun raised. The walker doesn't move, so Rick grabs the keys from his pants, pulling the walker out and tossing him on the ground. "Hey. Be careful. He has feelings!" Scarlett jokes, pulling the dead walker out of the cell block and into the courtyard. Scarlett motions for the rest of the group to come check out the cell block, a happy smile on her face.

The group looks around the cell block, pleased looks on their faces. "What do you think?" Rick asks, looking at everyone. "Home sweet home." Glenn laughs and Lori looks at Rick. "It's secure?"

Rick smiles at his wife. "This cell block is." Scarlett looks down at Carl, patting his shoulder. "We'll sleep in the cells?" Beth questions, a hesitant look on her face. "I found the keys on some guards. Daryl has a set too." Daryl shakes his head. "I ain't sleeping in no cage. I'll take the perch." He announces, making his way up the stairs. Scarlett shrugs before pulling her knife out of the holster and wiping it on some cloth. Her fingers trace the pattern of the handle, the familiar texture bringing calmness over her.

"Scarlett!" Carl calls and Scarlett snaps her head up, her eyes looking for Carl. She walks towards the cell she spots him in, her boots clicking against the ground. "Yeah?" She asks, peeking her head in the cell. "What do you think about this place?" Carl questions her and she smiles. "I think we can finally settle down." She answers before sending him a wink and walking up the stairs, passing Daryl.

"Aye.'" Daryl calls out to Scarlett. She abruptly stops, turning around to see Daryl looking at her. She walks to his perch, clasping her hands together. "What's wrong?" She mutters, avoiding eye contact. "Should be asking ya' that." Daryl replies, tucking his arms under his head. Scarlett shrugs, sitting down on the ground. "Nothing is wrong with me." Scarlett says, tilting her head up to look at the ceiling. "Have ya' found a cell yet?" Daryl questions and Scarlett shakes her head. "No. I was about to." She mumbles, her eyes closing. "I used to live in a cell." She chuckles, thinking about the old days.

"I was a pretty rebellious teenager. But my parents knew the cop that always took me in so I got bailed out pretty easily." Scarlett explains, opening her eyes and looking down to see Daryl staring at her. "I was rebellious because my parents always worked, I just wanted attention." She went on, her brain wracked with memories. "Like this one time, there was this killer party. You see, I didn't know someone put drugs in the punch and I drank it. I was taken in for the night." Scarlett says with a sad smile.

"My parents were pissed." Daryl chuckles, closing his eyes. "I'll talk to ya' tomorrow, Scar." Daryl mumbles and Scarlett smiles softly before climbing to her feet and walking to the cell closest to the stairs.

What is she going to do with him?