47

Pulling away from him, Scarlett's cheeks turn red and she looks down at the ground, standing to her feet

Pulling away from him, Scarlett's cheeks turn red and she looks down at the ground, standing to her feet. "We should get going." She utters as he stands up. "Yeah-Uh, we should." He awkwardly says, grabbing his crossbow. As the two walk side by side back to the group, all they can think about is the kiss and each other. They both can confirm, they're in love.

Rick shoves a note in front of Daryl and Scarlett. From a friend. Looking over at the bottles of water, she tilts her head. "We don't know who left it." Rick says and Scarlett frowns, the water sitting there, teasing the group.

"If that's a trap, we already happen to be in it." Eugene mumbles and Eugene picks up a bottle of water unscrewing the kid. "But I, for one, would like to think it is indeed from a friend." He says, going to take a sip. Scarlett marches over, slapping the bottle out of his hand, water splashing on her. "Are you fucking insane?" She asks, her eyes narrowed.

"We don't need anyone dying from poisoned drinks." She states, turning back towards Daryl and Rick. "Some poisons do have a sme-" She gets cut off by a rumble from the sky. She looks up, a raindrop falling onto her cheek and dripping down. A smile crosses everyone's face as rain pours down on them. Her eyes lighting up, Scarlett pulls out her canister, unscrewing the lid and setting it on the ground to be filled up. Everyone follows suit and they sit there enjoying the rain.

That is until the thunder gets more violent. Judith lets out a cry and Scarlett pulls her bag off her shoulders, holding it above the baby. "We need to find shelter before she gets sick." She informs Rick and the rain becomes more violent. "Shit." She mutters, pellets of rain hitting her face and washing the blood off. "There's a barn!" Daryl yells over the rain and Scarlett looks over, nodding.

"Where?" Rick asks and Daryl leads everyone to the barn, slamming the doors shut. Uncovering the baby, Scarlett pulls a small rag out, handing it to Rick. A shiver runs down Scarlett's spine and she crosses her arms over her chest, goosebumps all over her body.

Settling down around the small fire, Scarlett sits next to Daryl, listening to everyone tell stories. "Y'know, Scarlett, you never told us your story." Glenn says from his spot and Scarlett raises her eyebrows, biting her lip. "Yeah, what is your story?" Carol asks and Scarlett sighs, crossing her legs.

"As y'all know, my parents were scientists. So that means that they had to work a lot, which doesn't understand why they'd have a baby. Anyway, in my teen years, I always saw my friends parents interacting with them so much, I was jealous of that. So I started becoming rebellious; sneaking out at night, smoking, shoplifting, you name it. I only wanted their attention but my parents didn't take it that way. When I was 18, they kicked me out and I moved in with my boyfriend." Scarlett voice becomes shaky as she begins her next sentence.