17

When Rick said they were going to find a place to stay, Scarlett never exactly realized how long it was going to take

When Rick said they were going to find a place to stay, Scarlett never exactly realized how long it was going to take. It's been three months and it's colder than ever. The group has been running around in circles trying to find a place they can stay. Nothing, that's why they found, absolutely nothing and Lori is nearing her due date.

Scarlett's eyes roam over the map, landing on a town. She places her finger on it, looking at the others. "We can try right here." The others look down at the map, Maggie shaking her head. "We already tried there." She mentions and Scarlett sighs, taking a marker and marking an 'x' by the town.

"We can double back at 27th and swing towards Greenville." Rick suggests and Scarlett presses her lips together. "We picked through there already. It's like we spent the winter going around in circles." T-Dog says and Scarlett nods, agreeing with him. Rick presses a hand to his forehead. "Yeah, I know. I know. At Newnan we'll push west. Haven't been through the area. We can't keep going house to house." He pauses looking at Lori. "We need to find some place to hold up for a few weeks."

Scarlett rolls the map up, setting the marker and map by Lori. "How're you feeling?" Scarlett asks, her eyes trailing down to her big stomach. "Alright for now." Lori chuckles, leaning back into the seat. "Good." Scarlett says, walking away from her.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett looks at the big prison in front of her, her eyes full of hope. Rick works on cutting the wire of the fence so they can get through. "Go." Rick demands and everyone makes there way through the hole, weapons drawn. Glenn secures the hole back up and everyone runs towards the end of the small alley leading towards the prison. "It's perfect. If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by tonight." Rick plans and everyone agrees.

"I'll close the gate, you guys cover me." Glenn announces and Maggie and Scarlett immediately disagree. "No. It's a suicide run." Maggie states, looking towards her boyfriend. "I'm the fastest." Glenn tries to persuade her but Maggie is not having it.

"No. You, Maggie and Beth draw as many as you can over there, pop them through the fence. Daryl and Scarlett, go back to the other tower. Carol, you've become a pretty good shot, take your time, we don't have a lot of ammo to waste. Hershel, you and Carl, take this tower." Rick demands and Daryl, Scarlett, and Carol head up onto the tower, guns ready.

Rick runs into the yard, walkers heading towards him. Scarlett looks into the scope and shoots one down that was about to attack Rick. Rick makes it to the gate and closes it, shooting some walkers that were too close for comfort. "Light it up!" Daryl shouts and everyone starts unloading on all the walkers, Rick shooting the last one. Scarlett gives both Carol and Daryl a high-five before heading back down the tower, meeting everyone down there.

♢ ♢ ♢

Scarlett silently sits by the fire, her eyes trained on the sky. "You going to eat?" Carl whispers towards her, motioning towards her untouched plate. "I'm not very hungry." She lies, looking down at him. "Oh." He simply says, going back to eat his share. Scarlett looks over towards Daryl, who is currently scouting out. She's going to be honest, every since they hugged, things have been different. She has been feeling different about him, it sucks.

Carol appears on top of the bus, next to Daryl and Scarlett takes a deep breath, looking down at her hands.

Something is burning inside of her and she doesn't like it. She doesn't like it at all.