61

Drumming her fingers against the marbled counter, Scarlett stares at Jesus, making sure he doesn't try anything

"Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side-the living side. You, Rick and Scarlett had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs thing, and you three looked like trouble." Jesus starts, looking between the trio.

"I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other." Scarlett lifts her eyebrows, looking up at Rick. "Do you have food?"

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum." He informs them, using hand gestures. Lowering herself off of the counter, Scarlett purses her lips. "I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer."

"Wait, you're look for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?" Glenn asks, astonished.

"Your worlds about to get a whole lot bigger."

♢ ♢ ♢

Clicking the gun holster around her denim-covered thigh, Scarlett slips the gun into it before sliding the gun in its sheath. Making sure her boots are secured, she unlocks the bedroom door, walking out of the comforting room.

Thumping down the stairs, she grins cheekily at Maggie who is rolling her eyes at her. "Do you always have to be that loud?" Scarlett smirks, reaching the bottom of the stairs. "Do you always have to be that loud?" Scarlett retorts, referring to Glenn and Maggie's late night parties.

Maggie's cheeks turn bright red and she glares at Scarlett. "You suck." Maggie utters and Scarlett snickers, trudging out of the house. "I'm not the one doing all the sucking." She calls back at Maggie, walking towards the motor house.

♢ ♢ ♢

Peeking over the seat and raising her eyebrows, she stares at the car crash. "Yo, Rick. What's going on?" Abraham asks and Scarlett looks back at him over her shoulder. "We got a crash ahead. Looks like it just happened." Rick replies, halting to a stop. "It's one of ours."

Jesus runs out of the RV and everyone follows behind him. "If this is a trick, it won't end well for ya'." Daryl snarls, looking at the wrecked car. Scarlett crouches down, staring at the crimson red blood dripping down. "My people are in trouble. They don't-we don't have a lot of fighters. I know how it looks, but I'll play it out. Can I borrow a gun?"

Rick shakes his head, blankly staring at Jesus. "No." He replies and Daryl points at the ground. "We got tracks right here." Scarlett stands to her full height, sliding her gun out of the holster and walking after him.